• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What paint is this?

wsucougarx

Hmm, looks too dark to be 383 Green. I would guess either Marine Corps Forest Green (34052)or Forest Green (34079) used with the MERDC camo setup. Kind of hard to tell from the one pic

Last edited:

Kevin C

I was thinking it had some black mixed in there too. My guess was either the as mentioned forest green 34079, or O.D. 34087, possibly mixed with a bit of black. Or, maybe it was a cloudy day and made it look real dark.

I don't know, it confuses me, but it sure is some of the best looking paint I've ever seen on a Deuce so far.

Kevin C

There seems to be a lot of that going around. I thought I recognized one of them trucks from somewhere else. I only posted the link because the picture I was referring to appears to be an ebay picture, and might have been theirs at one point.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Kevin C

I'm really liking the 34052. I spotted a Deuce for sale in person on Wednesday, took a few pictures, and I was surprised that I like the lighter green in person too. I believe it was a faded 383 camo paint job, don't know.

That's what got me thinking about paint. I was also shocked by the size, I thought Deuces were a lot bigger. I'm not that tall, 6'1", and I didn't expect to be a little above the mirrors. Still a big truck for the money though, and I can't wait to start looking for one to buy sometime next year. Hopefully before July. :)

This one I spotted in person was a real nice example. Real clean winch truck.

Attachments