• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What paint is this?

wsucougarx

Hmm, looks too dark to be 383 Green. I would guess either Marine Corps Forest Green (34052)or Forest Green (34079) used with the MERDC camo setup. Kind of hard to tell from the one pic

Last edited:

Kevin C

I was thinking it had some black mixed in there too. My guess was either the as mentioned forest green 34079, or O.D. 34087, possibly mixed with a bit of black. Or, maybe it was a cloudy day and made it look real dark.

I don't know, it confuses me, but it sure is some of the best looking paint I've ever seen on a Deuce so far.

Kevin C

There seems to be a lot of that going around. I thought I recognized one of them trucks from somewhere else. I only posted the link because the picture I was referring to appears to be an ebay picture, and might have been theirs at one point.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Kevin C

I'm really liking the 34052. I spotted a Deuce for sale in person on Wednesday, took a few pictures, and I was surprised that I like the lighter green in person too. I believe it was a faded 383 camo paint job, don't know.

That's what got me thinking about paint. I was also shocked by the size, I thought Deuces were a lot bigger. I'm not that tall, 6'1", and I didn't expect to be a little above the mirrors. Still a big truck for the money though, and I can't wait to start looking for one to buy sometime next year. Hopefully before July. :)

This one I spotted in person was a real nice example. Real clean winch truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks