• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What PTO is this?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The key is to find out what it goes on. The color leads me to believe it's some sort of MV PTO. I know it doesn't fit a deuce or a 5-ton so that narrows it down a little. Have you done a Google search of the numbers on the tag? If you can't get anywhere with the tag numbers I don't know what you'll do. Even though it will bolt up, just about every different trans takes a different drive gear.

jime

The key is to find out what it goes on. The color leads me to believe it's some sort of MV PTO. I know it doesn't fit a deuce or a 5-ton so that narrows it down a little. Have you done a Google search of the numbers on the tag?.
Pretty sure its military too. I googled the numbers and got nuttin'. I found the company listed, but its not in the city listed on the tag. I emailed the company but have not heard back from them....if even it's the right company.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I googled Arrow Gear and got this- Arrow Gear Overview - General Information "In 1947, Arrow was founded by James J. Cervinka and Frank E. Pielsticker. The company began operation in a small industrial building in Worth, Illinois. After a move to Lyons, Illinois in the 1950s, the company was moved in 1961 to its current location in Downers Grove, Illinois - a western suburb of Chicago. Although Pielsticker passed away in 1987, Cervinka continues as Arrow's CEO and Chairman of the Board, and remains actively involved in all aspects of the company’s operations."

Looks like they've always been in IL so I guess it's not the same company. The plus side is I bet they could make a gear to mate that PTO up to the deuce. Don't know what it would cost though.

jime

Looks like they've always been in IL so I guess it's not the same company. The plus side is I bet they could make a gear to mate that PTO up to the deuce. Don't know what it would cost though.
Yeah, that's what I gathered. The company listed seems to be more into aircraft stuff.

I'm sure I could get someone to make it. It may run four figures, but I'm sure it can be done! It's only money! I think I'll get the right Pto and look for a home for this fella.

Anybody have an orafice that this might mate up to?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is a 5 ton PTO, judging by the out put shaft diameter and length, and the LH helical cut gear. Not positive on this. JT
Really? It doesn't look like the 5-ton PTOs I've seen. I did think the gear type and placement kind of looked like a 5-ton. Which truck would have used this PTO?

KsM715

I do need a PTO for my M818.

Send me a PM for what you need out of it. I had a deal for a 5ton PTO in the works but if fell thru and Im waiting for my money order return.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what ever it is, it is a 2 speed, or a forward/reverse, that square cut gear is a slider, you can see in the left Conner of the housing the little gear to mate with the square cut gear

jime

what ever it is, it is a 2 speed, or a forward/reverse, that square cut gear is a slider, you can see in the left Conner of the housing the little gear to mate with the square cut gear
Affirmative on the forward/reverse. I think its just one speed in each direction.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Well if we are going to go that rought, this may get mein trouable but I'll be helping some one some where. This was a post I put up a year or so ago.

CK5 Blazer Forums

a little history lesson first in the 50s the Chelsea pto comany was born, then in late 60s they merged/got bought out by dana corpation, then in the mid to late 80s parker bought them up out of bankruptcy, and still own them to day. parts may or may not be avalible for repairs. so take care of what u have.

there is many different o-pen-yons on what will and will not inter change. in the past month i have been on a quest to find three pto for a np 203 t-case and have ran across many different postings. then started my own hunt for the truth. the ford, dodge, and chevy np-203, np-205, and sm-465 t-cases and trans r generally the same. there r a few diffences in the strough of some of the internal parts in the t-case but they all use the same tooth count gears over the years (example a 1972-1979, np203 will have the same tooth count gear no matter who the manufactuer of the truck was, same for the np-205 and sm-465) but they are NOT INTER CHANGHABLE!!! a pto for a sm465 will work on a np205 but the teeth do not fully or properly engage, and can cause or lead to gear or tooth failer. so here is what u will need to look for when looking for a power take off for your application. there is a mid gear stily and a direct drive gear. this info my only pertane to the mid gear stilys. rotar the mid gear around until u find a stamped part# on it. the older gears have a 5p*** on it in one spot only, if ur pto has been rebuilt at any point in the last 20 years by a parker chelsea pto, then it has had the mid gear replaced with there new part number gear which is easely looked up at ur local pto shop (it will be a four diget number, for example a rebuilt sm465 pto will have a 5359 stamped on the gear.) heres the info u will need to know for the future look up of ptos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v30mongo

Download the applications catalog from Parker for Chelsea PTO's. Pick your model PTO and download the parts/instalation manual. It will list the parts breakdown and the input gears available for that PTO model. For instance: I used a Chelsea Model 352 reversable PTO installed on a NP205 transfer case. It required Chelsea #5P-1019 input gear to be installed in the PTO case. The direction of the output was selected to be towards the rear, but forwards was also possible. Most Chelsea PTO units can be made to fit most regular truck transmissions and transfer cases. The same is true for Muncy PTO's.

heres a link to the parker listings of ptos.

Chelsea Power Take Off PTO Units & Parts

this is for the more commen 442 style

if the inter medate gear is stamped with a

5P495 its for a np203

or if its stamped with a

5P449 its for a np205

or if its stamped with a

5P358 its for a sm465

for a 100 style or an "A" style

if its stamped with a

2P574 its for a np203

or if its stamped with a

2P575 its for a np205

replacement switch for the 100 is a part number 379639 price is $6.47replacement wiring harness for the 100 is a part number 379640 price is $5.42
reseal kit for the 100 is a part number 32835617x price is $22.56
ull also need this shaft seal witch is sold seperatly part number 28-p-226 price is $11.82 replacement shift arms r still avalible part number is 51-P22 price is $3.31
replacement shift cable hardware kit part number is 328380X price is $3.86
heres the company that u can get them threw, Grand Rapids Branch 3755 Linden S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Ph (616) 241-4695
Fax (616) 241-4394

heres where u can find out info about what chelsea pto u may have and will it work for what u want, the name of the company is S.L.E. 812 476 6154

first ones a 442 style, second is a 100 style, and third is an older "A" style
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
If there's a cast iron t-case in your blazer then you can put a pto on it if there's and aluminum t-case in it then you can not put a pto on it. Aluminum cases do not have the pto port.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks