• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What rivnut sizes and inserters are the best for a HMMWV?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just like it says...if I buy a set of rivnut inserter tools and such, what are the most important sizes and what is the best place to purchase?

Better brands?

After all these years I never really used them. Now I believe it is time.

Is there a tools section on this Forum? Is there a forum vendor who sells this stuff so I might support him/them vs strangers?

Thanks,

T

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To get started you can get a manual one from horrible freight. I have since upgraded to a mil-surplus D-100 kit and will never go back.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys!

Purchased a D-100 with 1074H, 1075H, and 1076H attachements and rivnut attachments, (from Flea-Bay).

s-l1600.jpg

Now I guess I need to purchase rivets and rivnuts.

Are there prefered sources?

Thanks,

T

Last edited:

Wire Fox

The one I found on fleapay was close to $600, is that the going price??? They are proud of those things!!!!
Seconded. I've been wanting one of these so that I can have just one rivet tool and can actually replace some of the rivets in corners, but I can't really afford the $200 for the basic kit/$600 for complete kit. I think I'd do $300 for a complete if someone had one...

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! 600 clams is too much. I paid much much less. Like Momma used to say "you betta shop around."

I really appreciate the feedback here guys. Now I own the correct tool and will be able to do correct repairs.

Thanks again.

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check this out. $358 new.
That appears to be a NEW D-100 without the 1074H, 1075H, and 1076H extensions.

Should easily get the job done.

There is apparently a newer version, the D-180. I'm sure the price is also upgraded. :/

Good tools ain't cheap.

I bought a used complete D-100 set. Includes the aforementioned extensions. I also have stuff in my office that can use it for repairs.

I'm super happy I asked the forum and I'm super appreciative for all the responses.

T

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D-100 is the unit I have. I ended up buying a lot of 4 a few years ago. Three of the guns where bad.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D-100 is the unit I have. I ended up buying a lot of 4 a few years ago. Three of the guns where bad.
WOW. 3 defective seems harsh. No way to repair?

ALSO, seems like I only know you from old posts... Thanks for jumping into this thread!

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my D-100 with attatchements 1074/1075/1076. Awesome tool. Shopped around and paid 380 clams delivered. Fun tool!

Await my D-180 without 1074/1075/1076 attatchements. Paid 260 bucks for that.

The deals are out there.

(I will decide if I prefer D-100 and D-180 and sell off the one I like less. That will be months away though.)

Thanks again guys!

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks