• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What rivnut sizes and inserters are the best for a HMMWV?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just like it says...if I buy a set of rivnut inserter tools and such, what are the most important sizes and what is the best place to purchase?

Better brands?

After all these years I never really used them. Now I believe it is time.

Is there a tools section on this Forum? Is there a forum vendor who sells this stuff so I might support him/them vs strangers?

Thanks,

T

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To get started you can get a manual one from horrible freight. I have since upgraded to a mil-surplus D-100 kit and will never go back.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys!

Purchased a D-100 with 1074H, 1075H, and 1076H attachements and rivnut attachments, (from Flea-Bay).

s-l1600.jpg

Now I guess I need to purchase rivets and rivnuts.

Are there prefered sources?

Thanks,

T

Last edited:

Wire Fox

The one I found on fleapay was close to $600, is that the going price??? They are proud of those things!!!!
Seconded. I've been wanting one of these so that I can have just one rivet tool and can actually replace some of the rivets in corners, but I can't really afford the $200 for the basic kit/$600 for complete kit. I think I'd do $300 for a complete if someone had one...

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! 600 clams is too much. I paid much much less. Like Momma used to say "you betta shop around."

I really appreciate the feedback here guys. Now I own the correct tool and will be able to do correct repairs.

Thanks again.

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check this out. $358 new.
That appears to be a NEW D-100 without the 1074H, 1075H, and 1076H extensions.

Should easily get the job done.

There is apparently a newer version, the D-180. I'm sure the price is also upgraded. :/

Good tools ain't cheap.

I bought a used complete D-100 set. Includes the aforementioned extensions. I also have stuff in my office that can use it for repairs.

I'm super happy I asked the forum and I'm super appreciative for all the responses.

T

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D-100 is the unit I have. I ended up buying a lot of 4 a few years ago. Three of the guns where bad.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D-100 is the unit I have. I ended up buying a lot of 4 a few years ago. Three of the guns where bad.
WOW. 3 defective seems harsh. No way to repair?

ALSO, seems like I only know you from old posts... Thanks for jumping into this thread!

T

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my D-100 with attatchements 1074/1075/1076. Awesome tool. Shopped around and paid 380 clams delivered. Fun tool!

Await my D-180 without 1074/1075/1076 attatchements. Paid 260 bucks for that.

The deals are out there.

(I will decide if I prefer D-100 and D-180 and sell off the one I like less. That will be months away though.)

Thanks again guys!

T