• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size socket to bar NHC-250 over?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't fit a caliper in there to measure the nut on my M813 but I need to get a socket before all stores close down.

Do you M809-ers bar the engine over at the crank or at the accessory drive?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes. Are the crank and accessory nut usually the same size on an engine?
Crank is generally 1-1/8" least on my old one. i always use the accessory drive. One engine i have here uses a 1-3/8 accessory. another uses 1-1/8.

There is an engine bar over tool available. I got mine off amazon

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nut on my accessory drive turned out to be 1 5/16". Luckily that is a socket I already own :)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can be any of the 3 above, just depends.....yeah, those are old people skivvies....1 1/8, 1 1/16 or 1 5/16

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see. So the outer pin inserts into the pulley bolt or something and the inner pin grabs a pulley spoke?

Zoidsfan77

I see. So the outer pin inserts into the pulley bolt or something and the inner pin grabs a pulley spoke?
No, each pin fits loosely into the 3 large holes in the pulley. No need to mess with any fasteners.
1585455192174.png
Sorry for the crappy doodle.
If it was light out I would take a picture of mine. I'm currently in the process of changing #5 and #6 injectors.