• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size socket to bar NHC-250 over?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't fit a caliper in there to measure the nut on my M813 but I need to get a socket before all stores close down.

Do you M809-ers bar the engine over at the crank or at the accessory drive?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes. Are the crank and accessory nut usually the same size on an engine?
Crank is generally 1-1/8" least on my old one. i always use the accessory drive. One engine i have here uses a 1-3/8 accessory. another uses 1-1/8.

There is an engine bar over tool available. I got mine off amazon

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nut on my accessory drive turned out to be 1 5/16". Luckily that is a socket I already own :)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can be any of the 3 above, just depends.....yeah, those are old people skivvies....1 1/8, 1 1/16 or 1 5/16

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see. So the outer pin inserts into the pulley bolt or something and the inner pin grabs a pulley spoke?

Zoidsfan77

I see. So the outer pin inserts into the pulley bolt or something and the inner pin grabs a pulley spoke?
No, each pin fits loosely into the 3 large holes in the pulley. No need to mess with any fasteners.
1585455192174.png
Sorry for the crappy doodle.
If it was light out I would take a picture of mine. I'm currently in the process of changing #5 and #6 injectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks