• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck do I have ? pd201

Dock Rocker

Guys,

I got this antenna in a swapping deal I made last week. I have no idea what the heck it is. It is made of PVC and breaks into two pieces. on some of the paperwork it says PD201. take a look at some of the pics. Any help identifying what it is and if it is worth anything would be great.

Attachments

bugei

i'd say find a geek or geekette and trade him or her your antenna for something you can use. they are not cheap, so if someone wants it, you might get a scanner, or something out of it.

you might craigslist it, it's probably $200 to $400 new

i forget, not everyone lives in geek land. sorry

the antenna is an omnidirectional (360 degree) base (not mobile mounted) antenna, these are usually used for a business or work site that has work trucks, etc. OR on a mountain top as part of a repeater. there are also some telemetry kinds of applications where multiple pieces of equipment communicate with a base, this would be the base end.

the most likely buyers would be hams playing with who knows what, or a commercial radio shop. i looked on e-bay and didnt see any listed. but this would certainly be under commercial uhf base antennas.

hope that helps

Last edited: