• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what this plate means

jamawieb

the numbers on the tag under the hertz gauge is 4395 I Paid for it $1995
You did awesome. Since the tag says 4395 and the unit has 4400 on the clock, that means the engine only has 5 hours on it. Run it with break in oil for the first 100 hours to make sure you have a good break in period. If you have time will you report back as to what the tag under the hertz gauge says so everyone will know.

marcos

You did awesome. Since the tag says 4395 and the unit has 4400 on the clock, that means the engine only has 5 hours on it. Run it with break in oil for the first 100 hours to make sure you have a good break in period. If you have time will you report back as to what the tag under the hertz gauge says so everyone will know.
sorry I forgot to say,that generator is going to be send to DOMINICAN REPUBLIC,and I will be here until the end of the year so I will make the test when I get there and also I will do a fuel consumption with 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 load to see the real fuel consumption

Last edited:

CapePrep

I really hope this works out for you Marcos, but something smells fishy on this one to me. Between all of the overspray, even a "green" hose clamp on intake hose, freshly painted exhaust manifold, to the really low price. Makes me go, "hmmmmm"....I would get it running and pay very close attention to all gauges and functions. Not trying to pop anyones balloon here, just being cautiously optimistic. Please keep us posted.

jamawieb

I really hope this works out for you Marcos, but something smells fishy on this one to me. Between all of the overspray, even a "green" hose clamp on intake hose, freshly painted exhaust manifold, to the really low price. Makes me go, "hmmmmm"....I would get it running and pay very close attention to all gauges and functions. Not trying to pop anyones balloon here, just being cautiously optimistic. Please keep us posted.
Just from my experience on buying units with that particular tag has been great. The tag below the hertz gauge tells you that the motor was replaced and they write the hours of the unit when it was replaced. I've bought several really cheap because they have high hours but people don't know what all the tags mean so they don't bid. You can take the valve covers off and see it will be a new engine by just the look. I'm guessing the motor fails or doesn't pass their requirements so they just swap it out.

69birdman

Just from my experience on buying units with that particular tag has been great. The tag below the hertz gauge tells you that the motor was replaced and they write the hours of the unit when it was replaced. I've bought several really cheap because they have high hours but people don't know what all the tags mean so they don't bid. You can take the valve covers off and see it will be a new engine by just the look. I'm guessing the motor fails or doesn't pass their requirements so they just swap it out.
Exactly what I was gonna say, I bought my 99 in dec., has a rebuild plate 6/2010 & IROAN: 7/2010 sticker on control panel showing hours @ said date, was an hour different from meter. I've seen several lately showing 4k+ hours ,going for around $2k. Agreed some may not see rebuild tags or understand them.

marcos

thanks jamawieb , you have a lot of reason about what you say, take the risk and without knowing I think it's right, I was very lucky and the day of the auction because not many people bet that day 3/7/18 GovPlanet, and it was the fourth time that bet on a generator, thanks to all the advice of the professionals of this forum, I learned that you really have to look for when trying to buy ... thank you all

marcos

I need help with my auxiliary fuel pump fittings, I bougth FACET FUEL PUMPS and I have a lot of confusing about the elbows both the 90 degree and the 45th grade, if you can give me an orientation, thank you very much

Guyfang

Staff member
Marcos,

One of the reasons you do not get much help is because the title of this thread is about data plates. You should start a thread asking for help with the MEP-802 or MEP-803 Electric fuel pump. Then more people would be looking.

Zed254

Here's a pic of the Airtex pump installation for the MEP-80x generator. Fuel enters bottom of pump through a filter and out the top of the pump. The pump shown is military and I have not found one. I have a spare Airtex E8131 that I plan to use when needed.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

Attachments

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Can someone post a picture of the old style pump for Marcos?

There are two styles. An old one, that I hope someone posts a picture of, and a new one, like Zed254 posted a picture of. Marcos, just because it says Facit, and 24 volts, isn't good enough.

jamawieb

Here's a link to the old style fuel pump. The pictures include the part number you need.
southernsurplusinc.com/media/department-of-defense-88-20479-electrical-fuel-pump-nsn-2910015015642-generator-14080502/

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would expect a vendor like GMG got a bunch of them. I wish I had been at home during that time to get a few to help out the community.

justacitizen

caterpillar is a good source for continuous duty 24 volt fuel pumps. i am specifically thinking of the fuel pump from a caterpillar 613 b scraper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks