• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What year model did the m35 go to duel reservoir brakes sysytem?

Bulletpaluza

I've seen some trucks claim they have it is that a factory thing or aftermarket mod? And what year did it start if it's factory?

HDN

You think 1985 is considered late? I can't wait toget home and check mine!
I think I've read about 1985 M35A2s getting the dual-circuit brake kit. Like @pmramsey mentioned, some members here have reported their 80s Air Force deuces not having dual-circuit brakes. All M35A3 trucks have it installed from the factory, being built from 1995 through 1998.

BT3583

I’ve got an 88 it started as an Airforce tanker, before getting the utility body put on her. It’s cool it’s still has the stickers on the dashboard about how and when to safely cross the runway. It has dual circuit brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulletpaluza

I’ve got an 88 it started as an Airforce tanker, before getting the utility body put on her. It’s cool it’s still has the stickers on the dashboard about how and when to safely cross the runway. It has dual circuit brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have those plaques on my dash still too.

Bulletpaluza

Ok I got home and looked it is definitely single. But what am I looking? The brakes work I drove 20 miles home. What's with the bent line? It goes down to a splitter and looks like it was supposed to go to the reservoir cap.

Is this a vent line?
20220119_190300.jpg

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The under-the-floor brake reservoirs are a total pain to get to, open and close, and the risk of knocking crud into it when open is high.
You can buy a vented car reservoir (I used one from an Infiniti, I think) and mount it somewhere convenient and run a line down to the fitting on top of the truck's reservoir where the original vent line attaches. Makes checking/filling easy and quick.
I put mine of the firewall inside the drivers side engine flap on the deuces, some folks put them in the cab near the drivers seat.

Roscommon used to have a PDF on their site that listed everything needed, you might check on there.
Several vendors make kits with all the needed parts. One example is this from Big Mikes (used here as an example, not a sales pitch) -

Cheers

PS - post 22 here has a link to the Roscommon PDF

Last edited:

HDN

The under-the-floor brake reservoirs are a total pain to get to, open and close, and the risk of knocking crud into it when open is high.
My deuce is the first military truck I've worked on that doesn't have its brake fluid reservoir under the floor. All the M35A3 trucks have it mounted near the top edge of the fire wall in the engine compartment on the passenger side.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haha that's a cool cartoon where is it from and I am glad you posted this so I don't fix it back to dangerous!
You are gonna love it! The source for this is a military publication called PS Magazine. All kinds of information available there... Even a character called Joe Dope was the guy demonstrating safety - and he regularly got hauled away - in an ambulance for doing "not smart" stuff.

Check out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks