• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's going on? - Server Upgrade

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, much more complex than that. We were using openads, which is no longer supported at all. Plus a script to import all the GL ads from a spreadsheet, format the images with details, and insert them into the openads database. Openx is installed and running correctly on the new server. But the script doesn't work, and this isn't a script made by openx. Sooo, I'm having to see if any openx developers can help. (I've tried changing the script references from openads to openx, but it's bombing on trying to open the spreadsheet [either the spreadsheet itself or the viewer that I found a dependency of])

Also FWIW, I ported over the openads database and files just as mentioned. That died as well. So we made the call to just install openx fresh and get just the GL ad import/creation working. All the other banners/ads I can easily do from javascripting and hosting under the apache server. (I'm wanting to move to this to offload some of the server load from running openx against a database to letting the end users computer randomly pick a image...)

zout

HEY - speaking of them - that fella made his delivery again this year finally - better be sitting down for these from what I hear.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Everything seems to work ok, so you completed the server upgrade++?
No, we're still on the old hardware. However, I have the import script working on the new server. (And I've also got Chris' business website running on it already) I was waiting on a new update from GL to fully test the import script. Now that we're past that, I'm ready to move us over. But with us being so close to the GA Rally (I'm going), I am holding off on moving it until that's over.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
While you're doing this major update would you consider fine tuning the systemic nofer trunions so the site can receive telephatic transmissions?
I'm sorta tired of punching keys that produce words that do not say what I actually mean.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks