• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats on your TM shelf?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as TM's for equipment you have and use as far as PAPER TM's?

For my M35A2C, I have
361-10 Aug 06
361-20 Oct 91
361-24-1 Aug 06
261-24-2 Aug 06
361-24P Aug 06
361-34 May 92

M105A2 Trailer
213-14&P, Oct 90, w/ Change 1 June 06

When I travel, I have my laptop with the ETMs already loaded on it..

What do you reference in the shop?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the deuce, TM9-2320-361-10, Dec, '88
For the 105, TM9-2330-213-14, Jan'64
TM5-1080-250-12&P, Jan '03, for the radar scattering, desert camo netting.
Got a mess of TMs in PDF..I HATE pdf! Rather have paper in front of me.

papercu

TM

I had most for the M35A2, M809, M151A2, CUCV and M880 plus the trailers and assorted others. I have sold most all of them now and have gone to the ,pdf. Filled a 30 gigabyte hard drive, and now have about 70 gigabyte on the new 200GB hard drive plus the CD backups. NO MORE paper for me. I'm also in the process of putting my collection of PS Magazines on disk. Wayne

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: TM

Past posted images will show reference to hundreds of TM's and PS mags, 99% paper. I do like to keep TMs from the time period of the equipment,though, so for the deuce, many are from the sixties.
Not very fond of pdf files, but they do come in handy for detail references when it's too much money to get the paper version...

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial

M706/XM706 (V-100)
TM-9-2320-245-24P
TM-9-2320-245-24

EMER's for FV622/623 Stalwarts
V-643/2 Unit repairs
V-644/1 Field repairs
V-644/2 Base repairs
Power S-522 (Rolls Royce B series engines)

microfilm
V-648 Field standards, Base Standard
V640 and 642-1 Data Summary,Tech Description
V-642/2 Tech Description

EMER = Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Regulations

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have BINS full of TMs and FMs. Mostly for stuff I'll never own and I'm gradually eBaying them off to fund more needed projects.

2027Deuce

TM 9-2320-209-20 dated 1965 that I got for the gasser deuce. It has the OA-331 and the multi LDS 427-2 and LD 465-1

I like the older format better, more info on fewer pages.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gosh, I wouldn't know where to start. I have about 6 linear feet of TMs. My most prized possession is the TM 9-8023-5 which covers the M108 and the AW manual for same. I even had TM 9-8617 which covers most all winches. I've since given it away to a better home but its a hard one to get. I had several NOS TM 9-8022 but have sold them all. My most used ones are the 1965 version of the deuce 209 manuals.

jimm1009

What's on your TM shelf

I have the following list that is in PDF format. I have no real or printed paper manuals but I do print several pages from the disc from time to time.
Paper is the best way when performing a task.
I would be glad to contribute a copy of any of these TMs to the library on this site. I guess the best way is to mail the actual CD to the moderator and have him download to the web site?
If anyone needs a copy of the TMs from my list I would be glad to help them out, but I may have to ask for postage if too may requests come in.
A single CD costs about $1.30 US to mail within the USA slow-boat.
See attached list.
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

Attachments

Steamynachos

I also used paper till Pdf came along. Now I just print out the pages of the part I am working on and you put it on a clip board you can touch it all day with your oily greasy mitts without wrecking your good paper tm's.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: What

Oh man where to start i have about a 4 foot by 6 foot wall of tms most of mine are of the different weapon systems us grunts use or ust to use. lets see off the top of my head the dragon missile, TOW, 82, 120,mortars all the small ams manuals including updated ones like the barret .50 cal, M2a2,3 Bradley fighting vehicles series hull and turret, humvee, troop movements, MOUT, tactical training, hand 2 hand, demo and explosives ( yes theres a differance ), breaching, infantry leading, ranger training, obstacles courses, how to set up a range, NBC, field sanitation, survival, heck thats all i can think of right off hand but theres a bunch not to many vehicles but the ones i have are complete ( 10,20,30,). I have some of these manuals on digits to on my computer so if you want i can shoot them to ya. When i get back to Tn i will get a accurate list of the wall of knowledge for you guys. But keep in mind this info is for study only if you go out and start a milita and breach civilians homes with homebrew demo using military tactics that scare the cops and generally just a bunch of mischief im not responsible. DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER aua

FrankUSMC

I have my manuals still backed away in crates from my move 6 months ago.
My rarest manauls would be a perfect 1943 manual for the Allis Chalmers model B tractor and, for you that get Army Moters magazine, the story in the last issue on Marine/Navy fording kits, the photo of the one manual for the kit, I have two of them plus one they do not show in the story.
Most of my manuals are WWII ones.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Cdub

I have most all of the TM's in paper form and many in a PDF file in the PC...

The paper ones I like to read are the -10, -20 and the -34

The parts manuals are great in the PDF for searching NSN numbers and checking out diagrams........

C'dub

packman

I usually get a TM for something then that vehicle finds me ! Don't know why, but have a few vehicles which I bought years after the TM's.
I would need a small truck to move all the manuals if I ever shift house :shock:

vtdeucedriver

I can try to assume that its us Historians who have the paper manuals????? About a month ago, a friend at work brought in his complete collection of manuals for a Curtiss Jenny dated 1918. It was great to see them and open the pages. I dont think I would have gotten the same feelings opening up a PDF file.

vtdeucedriver

I believe my cherrished manual is a UH-1C flight manual that was a bring back from Vietnam. Given to me by a pilot with the 240th AHC.

Sarge

TM's

I have all of them.
You heard right, I have all of them.
Okay....
I'll be more specific, I have every single unlimited distribution TM on Logsa.
That's somewhere around 12,000 TM's in .pdf format.
A couple of years ago, I got bored and downloaded every single unclassified TM on their site. It took 49 CD's to back them up.
So which TM's don't I have? Well, obviously thousands. I don't have any classified TM's (don't want them), I don't have many historical TM's no longer on Logsa (except for about 50).
I do have many historical TM's also on paper for some of the vehicles I own but Logsa no longer supports.
I do have about 100 TDv's (German TM's) in both pdf and paper.
Instead of wanting to sell any, I'm in the market to buy more. I'm not interested in some of the $50 books on E-bay (unless they are really rare) but I'm always looking for deals. If any of you have original M35A2, M809, M151, M1001, M715 or S530 manuals you are willing to throw at Sarge, I'll entertain any reasonable offers. By reasonable offer, I have to point out that I really am a retired GI, I have way more time than money. Way more. But I can't pay you in time, can I?
On the flip side, if any of you need specific manuals that I own, let's haggle!
If you want a .pdf that's currently available on Logsa, stop being lazy, go ahead and download it yourself. If you think Logsa dropped it in the last 3 years, send me a PM, I'll see if I've got it. Because Logsa is 49 CD's, no, I won't burn them for you.
I do have about 100 TDv's (German TM's), if you know the specific TDv number you want, I'll be happy to send it to you. Ummm... they are in German.....
Folks, here's the bottom line, I'm willing to help anybody in this hobby for no charge. I'm not in this to make money, I'm in this for my love of military iron.
But do not, do not, attempt to take unfair advantage of Mr. Nice Guy, I'm getting really bloody fed up with that!
Here is the real bottom line, from my dear departed Mum;
treat others as you would wish to be treated.

saddamsnightmare

April 6th, 2008.

The 2006 complete set for the M35's from the 10 through the 30's and the special parts and tools, SEE and HMMH, Mule, M37, UH1,CH47 , Alco MRS1,S1, Davenport Bessler and AH&D railway equipments ten series manuals, and a mess of others still boxed from my move, plus the MB Unimog S404.114 manuals (original with the vehicle and separate new shop manuals) and my WW2 Quartermaster (cookbooks and C) and Driver's manuals, as I am one of those curious types. Ialso have the manuals for the M35 series on the CD, but like VTDeucedriver above, being a historian and being paper oriented makes it easier to look up stuff on paper. PLUS if you have enough big juicy paper TM's stacked against the outer walls of your house (INSIDE), those and all the library books make wonderful insulation enhances (TRY THAT WITH YOUR CD's!!!). The CD's however, do make gratifying rifle targets when they're outdated and un- rewriteable!!!! I gotta tie that one in somewhere to Charlton Heston's passing, God rest his larger then life soul (It takes a BIG man to play Moses!). Just for starters though, I am sure there are ones out there I haven't gotten yet, but then the hunt's the thing.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
""??"" M105A2 Cargo Trailer, 1-1/2 Ton, Johnson Mfg. Co., MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland, ex OK A.N.G.
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz, NATO Green. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks