• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's with the maroon colored interior?

ryan77

The comment about the blood stain is sort of true i cut open my hand in one when i was in the air force with a leather man it looked like a homicide but the blood blended in on the seats at least. Not on the floors though.

pinbill

nice, used to live in MT, and had some leftover in my truck until the truck got stolen. got the truck back but the bad guys got the bear mace.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, lets get this straight.

You can get a NEW dash pad directly from any Chevy/GM dealer.

OK, they cost $600 and they come in GRAY only.

But, after purchasing the CORRECT dash, I had to paint it.

Go to your local auto body paint store (assuming there is one in your city). Mine read the color code for my vinyl directly from the code panel attached to the glove box door.

It's called 'Bronze Metallic'

The guy mixed me up a quart of

SEM

Color Coat

85 GM

76D Bronze Met

I then bought a reusable aerosol paint setup. I think I spent like $100 for the paint AND the aerosol, which has replaceable charges and you put your paint in a glass jar that attaches to bottom of the charge tube.

This set up worked great. I painted my dash. I painted the door panels, INCLUDING the BLACK DOOR PANEL PADS. Covered everything up great. Took two or three coats. But it looks great.

Ok, the door panels are worn on the top a little. BUT they are the correct color and they look 'correct'. IE used, but the right color.

I'll be doing the dash and door panels in my M1028A2 this summer. If you search using my user name, I posted pix sometime last summer.

greg6459

OK, lets get this straight.

You can get a NEW dash pad directly from any Chevy/GM dealer.

OK, they cost $600 and they come in GRAY only.

But, after purchasing the CORRECT dash, I had to paint it.

Go to your local auto body paint store (assuming there is one in your city). Mine read the color code for my vinyl directly from the code panel attached to the glove box door.

It's called 'Bronze Metallic'

The guy mixed me up a quart of

SEM

Color Coat

85 GM

76D Bronze Met

I then bought a reusable aerosol paint setup. I think I spent like $100 for the paint AND the aerosol, which has replaceable charges and you put your paint in a glass jar that attaches to bottom of the charge tube.

This set up worked great. I painted my dash. I painted the door panels, INCLUDING the BLACK DOOR PANEL PADS. Covered everything up great. Took two or three coats. But it looks great.

Ok, the door panels are worn on the top a little. BUT they are the correct color and they look 'correct'. IE used, but the right color.

I'll be doing the dash and door panels in my M1028A2 this summer. If you search using my user name, I posted pix sometime last summer.

Good info...

Thanks

edpdx

wallew, Thanks for the paint "Codes" Can you verify what the label; says on your can. The SEM guy at the local Auto Paint Store can't find the codes you mention. I found a "Bronze Met" at the GM RPO site that crosses that color to: 59T Top Color Bronze Met 93" What is the 76D code you mention? Is that from GM for military trucks only?

Thanks for checking,

Ed

kvitt

I sprayed mine with Fusion paint from China-Mart, less than $5.00...used the satin finish burgandy, looks good....Put 3 coats on the doors to get them right, prepped with thinner, sprayed them.
Have not done the dash pad yet, trying to figure out how to get it out...

zieg85

Brand new here today, I think the actual civilian color name is Mahogany. Can anyone confirm that? Did the GM have a RPO sticker that mentioned the color name?

TGP (IL)

Brand new here today, I think the actual civilian color name is Mahogany. Can anyone confirm that? Did the GM have a RPO sticker that mentioned the color name?
It's actually a "Dark Bronze" GM Code 76,WASEN7465,W5A7465 I can't remember the short RPO code but have it somewhere.
Most people think it's Maroon, or Burgundy, but it's closer to a dark brown.
You won't find it at your local auto parts unless you give them the code and have it mixed.
So spray whatever shade you like. It's your ride.
Tom

zieg85

It's actually a "Dark Bronze" GM Code 76,WASEN7465,W5A7465 I can't remember the short RPO code but have it somewhere.
Most people think it's Maroon, or Burgundy, but it's closer to a dark brown.
You won't find it at your local auto parts unless you give them the code and have it mixed.
So spray whatever shade you like. It's your ride.
Tom
76W is on my 85 sheet called Mahogany. Does anyone have a piece of their old seat that I can get to have matched up in a fabric shop? That color is not being offered that I can find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks