• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Adapter? *hope this hasn't been recent..."

spicergear

It could not hurt. Have the bore of that thru-hole match the bore in the hubs. Still contersink the back and sock that mother up REAL tight.

One of my old customers was a very large steel supplier. They stock, or can get, steel tube that would be within about 1/2" of both inner and outter dia's. That would save maching costs. They even cut to lengths. Huh...I ought to talk to a CNC buddy of mine-

yorkgulch

adapters vs new wheels

It looks like the cost of the adapters is going to be almost as much as new wheels. Are there any strength or DOT issues with adapters? On the radial tire thread there is mention of attempts to get Hayes Lemerz to sell us wheels. That seems like the best way to go if he can get a positive response. Alcola sells 20 inch 2 piece rims in 10 bolt but they tell me they are not interested in making 6 bolt rims.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems to me the easiest and safest thing to do to run 10-bolt Budd wheels on a duece is to take the stock hubs, knock out the studs, fab a steel plate with the 10 studs needed and a couple locating pins in it, and weld it to the malleable flange of the hub. You run on welded wheels every day, what is the difference?

ddg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks