• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel bearing tab washer help?!

Lee Alessi

anyone ever found one local??? i redid all the bearings 2 weeks ago, and today while installing my lockout hubs, i found out both sides were loose!! anyway i stripped the tab washer key off on one, so now im dead in the water.

anyone?

rdixiemiller

Break out the welder, weld a tab back on. I would think a big truck shop would have these in stock, rear spindles on a 2 ton Ford are about the same size. I am trying to remember the company that had all the wheel and hub hardware, but it has been 24 years since I worked a parts counter.
Westech, do you remember who they are? You have been in the parts business much more recently than I have.

Westech

CPL
umm dorman makes alot of axle and hub parts also maybe motormite?? CSK ( checker ) has a big hand in motormite they WILL have to order. All in all if a napa or bumper to bumper cant get anything then your in trouble lol. let us know where you find any I really should get some also. [thumbzup]

Loose Deuce

What about the lug nuts and lug studs and those budd things, Are they a common size that can be purchased anywhere? left and right hand threads? :confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks