• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel bearing tab washer help?!

Lee Alessi

anyone ever found one local??? i redid all the bearings 2 weeks ago, and today while installing my lockout hubs, i found out both sides were loose!! anyway i stripped the tab washer key off on one, so now im dead in the water.

anyone?

rdixiemiller

Break out the welder, weld a tab back on. I would think a big truck shop would have these in stock, rear spindles on a 2 ton Ford are about the same size. I am trying to remember the company that had all the wheel and hub hardware, but it has been 24 years since I worked a parts counter.
Westech, do you remember who they are? You have been in the parts business much more recently than I have.

Westech

CPL
umm dorman makes alot of axle and hub parts also maybe motormite?? CSK ( checker ) has a big hand in motormite they WILL have to order. All in all if a napa or bumper to bumper cant get anything then your in trouble lol. let us know where you find any I really should get some also. [thumbzup]

Loose Deuce

What about the lug nuts and lug studs and those budd things, Are they a common size that can be purchased anywhere? left and right hand threads? :confused: