• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel covers?

whyme

i dont think a little chrome would be terrible. saw one a while back with just the stack and mirrors, along with gloss paint it was almost tasteful. yes its not exactly retaining the heritage of the vehicle, but as has been said, its better than letting it rot or being scraped. too much chrome on anything is bad. on these trucks, assuming used fro road hauling, chrome wheels and stack, maybe mirrors seem ok... again, done right. though mine is gonna be a big off road meany!!

royaltiger1945

When I think about chrome on a duece, I only think of black chrome. It would be like a gloss black powdercoat with a smooth finish instead of the orange peel texture. I could see having the stock rims black chromed along with the mirrors, the stack powdercoated a gloss black and a dark green gloss coat like the marine semi-gloss. At least then it would still look somewhat normal. Although I would paint some stars on the doors at least to make it stand out a little more.

whyme

I would paint some stars on the doors at least to make it stand out a little more.

hahaha, thats funny right there. i cant imagine any 14k lb 6x6 that doesnt already stand out. im gonna make mine a ghillie suit, sneak up on people, then blow the air horn...:mrgreen:

royaltiger1945

I wonder how much time it would take to paint one with the Multicam pattern? I am kind of concerned about applying to good of a camo job, I already had a hit and run driver back into my OD painted Jeep Cherokee like it was nothing in the middle of a parkinglot surrounded by tan buildings. I would think it would have stood out a little more. I think I try to paint my Jeep in a Multicam pattern or similar, already has body damage, so what do I have to lose?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welllll, I wasn't gonna go that far. I was thinking with the wheel covers, stainless stack and a coat of clear gloss (over OD green), it would kinda resemble a soldier in his Dress Greens. Maybe a couple of other embellishments like chrome mirrors too. But all that stuff would be easy to remove and a coat of clear flat would put it right back in it's work clothes. But of course I gotta get one first.

But of course I gotta get one first.
This is key in this discussion. I know alot of us have grand ideas about mods. before we get the item, truck or trailer. But when we actually get them the program tends to change.
"I'll keep this one un-molested for parades and chop-up the next one".
Many here are not purists when it comes to MVs and it is fun to dream of different rigs. but you will never know until it happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks