• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel studs and lug nuts

cten

That okay, I found out the hard way tonight of how to change a rear outter tire on a duece.

My buddy came over to give me a hand.

I made all the arrangments to make sure that I had the tools on hand to do the job.

We started to break the nuts before jacking up the truck, but could not figure out why the nuts were not coming off.

Then I was looking at the treads and said to my buddy. "do those threads look as if they are going the opposite way to you"

So we tried turning the nuts the other way, to the right instead of to the left and they came right off.

The only problem was it was too late for one stud as it snapped. #$%^&*()_)(*&^$%^&*()_)(*&^%^&*().

I'm hoping that does not hurt me for inspection this week as I have to take the truck in before Friday.

I'm going to have to pull the entire rear hub off now just to replace the stud.

Hmmmmmmmmm, should I convert the truck over to singles? As that will give me extra tires also.

I'll have to look on Saturn to see if that have the item I need.

I just hate having to take that all apart again.

I'll let you know how the story goes as time goes on.

Should have read the tire manual as I bet you it said something there about that..........

Regards,

da_sgt

cten; Thats why they stamp that R or L on the end of the studs ;-) Still always check! I have had studs intermingled, and right hand/left hand on the wrong side so [thumbzup] The Bummer is I don't think any state would pass a truck with a stud snapped off :nono: I know Colorado won't.

cten

Bubble gum or super glue.

I do plan to change it anyways.

I did see the L after taking off the outter lug, but never saw an R.

so much for doing it in the dark and the extra paint did not help either.

Regards,

cten

It would be the stud, but I'm not seeing studs on Saturn Surplus.

Any suggestions where I can pick something like this up locally?

NAPA? Auto Zone? Seabrook truck in Seabrook, NH????

Thanks for the pic as it really helps.

Regards,

da_sgt

Everything you see in the picture was bought at NAPA, none of the parts are "special" so no need to outsource and pay for shipping! Any auto supply store or truck stop/repair shop can get ya what you need [thumbzup]

cten

Yes, yes, yes....

Part numbers would be great as I have already called auto zone and NAPA and I'm getting the shoulder shrugs.

Regards,

da_sgt

Here's some NAPA #' BK 641-1615, (stud I think) BK 641-2000 (Budd Nut), and BK 641-2011. I can't remember if these are the right or left handed threads, I think right? Don't even try to use the crappy NAPAonline site, says "no match found" I called my NAPA gal (yup gal, she's a, a, a, she likes girls) and she confirmed the numbers [thumbzup] So theres a start ;-)

cten

Yes, thank you for taking the extra effort and going the extra mile.

I'll let you know how I make out as I'll track these down tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks