• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When is someone going to bob a HET?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably not going to happen because even when bobbed you presumable still would need a permit to drive it on highways because its more than 8'2" wide? Besides, its already looking crazy, so why bother. It would be like buying a Ming-dynasty vase and paint gratify on it or buying a mint Bugatti Royal and make a hot rod out of it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't realize they are overwidth.

Edit: I just went and looked at maximum legal width and actual m1070 width. The HET is ok at 2.59 meters with maximum legal width being 2.6 meters. 102 inches.

2nd edit: why Bob it? Why not remove the ramps and add a bed like a lot of people are doing with the 939 series truck tractors? Keep the 8x8 functionality and add a bed that you can load to the gills with 45000 lbs of stuff...

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You could meld one with the camper cabin a guy built on a 927 bed it's posted in the 5 ton mods. Just hope you don't get stuck in the mud out in the sticks. I don't know who you would get to pull you out.

Gunzy

How about removing the #2 axle, keep the rear steer and length and remove the planetaries from the wheels to go direct to increase speed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add the dromedary that brick posted and then work in some JATO boosters. Wouldn't do much for the 45 problem but would make light to light bursts a little more interesting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks