• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are the Deuce's?

bambambam22

It has been a while since I have been on GL but can anyone tell me why there are not hardly any Deuces M35A2's & M109's for sale? Have they sold all of them?

bambambam22

That explains the sudden interest in the three I have. Well I guess it is time to move them behind the shop and chain a dog to them!!! They arent going anywhere!!

Thank you very much

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few years ago I was buying nice running trucks in the $1000 range. A few months ago I paid $1600 for a parts truck.

GSA here in OKC area is selling thier excess trucks for around $1500. Most of them are sadly going straight to the scraper. A guy from Ohio is buying 20-30 at a time.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember a time several years ago when the 2 1/2 Ton truck was "disappearing" and it was just a little slow-down in turnover. I believe this time around though, it is due to actual availability. Maybe not, but it seems that the end will come at some point. It could be now. The ones I do see on GL seem like the bottom-of-the-barrel, although I picked up a sweet '89 "C" model back in November 2011! Heck, even the A3s seem to be fading.

goodguyzy

The sad part is once these "old" vehicles are gone, the supply may be very limited due to most new rigs being armoured and wont be sold to the public.

Katahdin

There's 5 or 6 behind the fence at my local Air National Guard facility, A2s and A3s. These run, they move them around the lot every so often, so they're still out there.

Heavysteven

I was expecting them to already be gone by the end of 2010. I remember the days when they were sold by the hundred's. The 900 hundred series are getting flushed out now a days.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything...all the up-armored vehicles from Iraq & Afghanistan, if a friendly nation doesn't want them, then they get cut up for scrap under guard. The Feds & most state bureaucrats are terrified of up-armored trucks falling in the hands of us dangerous civilian types.

Soon enough you'll see the video of Killdozer posted below, to illustrate every bureaucrat's nightmare.

There have been several recent posts of members who work at or near these yards that are cutting up the up-armored trucks.

F18hornetM

I looked for a friend thats a farmer for a M818 and found nothing close on GL, so guess they may be getting close to being all gone too. Found some M916, M931's and 920's for him to look at.

nmwildman013

My GL contact

told me that they are pretty much gone. We will see one here and one there but not around like they used to be. Judging by the prices I've seen them bringing lately the demand is still there. Hummers coming in a year or two.

197thhhc

While they aren't on GL anymore, its still easy to find one. Yea the prices are up but thats the nature of collecting. You just have to look hard and be willing to pull the trigger as soon as you find one cheap because somebody will be right behind you to buy it. I think the prices will drop on the private market soon. All the wannabes that bought them in the rush of the last couple years will get tired of the hassles of fixing them and storing them etc and you will see them start to fill up CL and ebay. Everything moves in waves.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The USAF still has some deuces but nothing in the numbers the Army had. We will see those come out as they're replaced by the newer stuff. The days are long gone of the 100+ deuces on GL.

Obviously the 800 series 5 tons are nearly all gone but I'm sure we'll see one or two pop up here or there for awhile. I know there is one that is actually still in service, but not for long.

If you want to buy a 939 series, the big plethora is coming. The timing is the big question. IF (big IF) everything timed out just perfectly AND (big AND) the money to move the assets was not impeded by such trivial things as the federal budget process (please don't look at this as a means to start political bashing or the thread gets deleted) then within 180-270 days the big parade of 939s would start based on estimating 90 days to receive new trucks, 90 days to turn in old trucks, and 90 days at DRMO. So in reality, they'll trickle out based on funding availability over the next 2 years. The very big question is the money to move them. If it is impeded, you may see trucks that are freshly rebuilt 5 tons that are excess and sitting for 2 - 3 or even 5 years before making it to the auction block.

Expect to see more stuff in MS and LA as one of the main turnin sites has moved from Atlanta to Ft Polk due to BRAC. Actually we already are seeing that.

Also, since there is an excess of prime movers overall in the system, There is a definate potential for excess unarmored LMTVs. It's yet to be seen if these assets will go to the USAF/USN or the interest in them from foreign military sales. One things for sure, the maintenance requirement on them is a lot more technical versus shade tree mechanic.

bambambam22

Wow thanks Carnac and everyone else. I know you dont have a crystal ball but i figured it wont hurt to ask. but are you saying a larg amount of the 939 series are coming up still? will taht be all of them such as the equilivant to the 820 and 109? I saw here M939 General Utility Truck | Military-Today.com that there are app 32000 in service. as a guess how many would you guess are still coming to auction as appose to how many have already been sold?

A second subject is would anyone have or know wehre I can get a gun ring that will go on a M923. I found one but it is WAY too much at 4500.00 I just can not spend that on an accessory to go on my toy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks