• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are the Deuce's?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, uncut gun rings were always expensive, and now even more so! I can remember way back when they were only $1500 or so, but those days are gone!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wow thanks Carnac and everyone else. I know you dont have a crystal ball but i figured it wont hurt to ask. but are you saying a larg amount of the 939 series are coming up still? will taht be all of them such as the equilivant to the 820 and 109? I saw here M939 General Utility Truck | Military-Today.com that there are app 32000 in service. as a guess how many would you guess are still coming to auction as appose to how many have already been sold?

A second subject is would anyone have or know wehre I can get a gun ring that will go on a M923. I found one but it is WAY too much at 4500.00 I just can not spend that on an accessory to go on my toy

All of them. The military will standardize on the FMTV. The big question is will the unarmored FMTV's be sold off at GL or FMS? I think a lot of the foreign govts will pass on FMS due to their complexity. That could bode well for those wanting a FMTV and willing to deal with the full air systems and hence the CDL. That's one drawback of the 939 series.

The forest service may not opt for them either due to the high center of gravity. There is more possibility of the 939 series being wanted BUT the front tilt hood (from what I hear) is considered a drawback for putting on brush guards and deflectors. The hood is also fiberglass and susceptible to brush damage.

The vast majority of A2's are yet to be released. Right now any slick models or A1's have a date for going to meet the DRMO guy. Some of the A2's also. One of my contacts has 50+ in his unit and they're getting their FMTV's in the next 60 days and hope to drive their trucks as a convoy to do a mass turn-in at Ft Polk although he still doesn't have the approval to turn them in yet.

135gmc

SCSG is right - back when I bought one for my '135, the ring with legs, adapter plates, trolley, ammo tray, and a 50 cal cradle totaled $ 1200. The trolley was new and deep in cosmolene, & the cradle needed a little fixing. I don't even want to think what a complete uncut M49 ring sells for these days....

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm happy that I had a chance to play around in the deuces-a-plenty era, getting my start before the GL era even. I'm also happy that the M939 series era is warming up, since I've wanted one for a long time, and I just got my chance to buy a very nice one at well below the market prices I've been seeing for trucks that aren't even as nice. Of course, market prices will probably drop as the rate of these trucks being surplussed ramps up, but I don't expect it to tank hard enough to make me kick myself for buying when I did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks