• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I find a new engine harness?

Jersey 93 Ty

So I've discovered why my '84 M1009 won't start without a little squirt in the intake... not only are quite a few of the glow plugs dead and swollen, but the green wires leading to the passenger side GP's are either rotted apart or eaten away by something. I understand that these wires are part of the whole engine harness, so can anyone point me to a place that sells replacement harnesses? Thanks.

Crash_AF

I don't think anyone makes a glow plug harness... but I have parts of a harness that I swapped out of my 1009 when I replaced the engine. I could probably cut the one side out so that you could swap yours if you can't find someone local with a parts truck.

Later,
Joe

Jersey 93 Ty

I don't think anyone makes a glow plug harness... but I have parts of a harness that I swapped out of my 1009 when I replaced the engine. I could probably cut the one side out so that you could swap yours if you can't find someone local with a parts truck.

Later,
Joe
I might take you up on that offer, but I think I'll try to get a used harness that isn't too cut up to start. If I don't have any luck, you'll be hearing from me soon. Thanks.

:ditto: I've got a "parts" harness if you're inclined to go used. You can PM me if interested..
I'll PM you in a couple of minutes. "Used" and complete is definately better than what I have now.

Nothing wrong with a solder gun and some shrink tubing either. Just be careful to include any fuseable links, resistors or what have you.
If I have to remake it, I will. In my day job, I'm an electrical engineer in a power test laboratory, so its definately something I have experience with. That experience also tells me that its usually enough of a PIA that I'd prefer to avoid the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks