• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I find a new engine harness?

Jersey 93 Ty

So I've discovered why my '84 M1009 won't start without a little squirt in the intake... not only are quite a few of the glow plugs dead and swollen, but the green wires leading to the passenger side GP's are either rotted apart or eaten away by something. I understand that these wires are part of the whole engine harness, so can anyone point me to a place that sells replacement harnesses? Thanks.

Crash_AF

I don't think anyone makes a glow plug harness... but I have parts of a harness that I swapped out of my 1009 when I replaced the engine. I could probably cut the one side out so that you could swap yours if you can't find someone local with a parts truck.

Later,
Joe

Jersey 93 Ty

I don't think anyone makes a glow plug harness... but I have parts of a harness that I swapped out of my 1009 when I replaced the engine. I could probably cut the one side out so that you could swap yours if you can't find someone local with a parts truck.

Later,
Joe
I might take you up on that offer, but I think I'll try to get a used harness that isn't too cut up to start. If I don't have any luck, you'll be hearing from me soon. Thanks.

:ditto: I've got a "parts" harness if you're inclined to go used. You can PM me if interested..
I'll PM you in a couple of minutes. "Used" and complete is definately better than what I have now.

Nothing wrong with a solder gun and some shrink tubing either. Just be careful to include any fuseable links, resistors or what have you.
If I have to remake it, I will. In my day job, I'm an electrical engineer in a power test laboratory, so its definately something I have experience with. That experience also tells me that its usually enough of a PIA that I'd prefer to avoid the job.