• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where can i get a 5 ton crew cab?

rivired

No. Its just that u dont normally just like...GO ON CRAIGSLIST real quick and BUY a 5 ton crewcab..for one theres no such thing.. Its somthing that sombody put months of effort into making.. Then..it has a to have 4 wheel steering...and of course be running 53 inch meats..

idk..its just all seems really off the wall and improbable. idk im just raining on parades sorry.

unless money is no factor ...

deuce_09

my ques tion was does anyone have one for sale in TX
i have a thread on 4 wheel steering and i already got that down
and the 53"s are what i was planning to run
and u didnt rain on my parade
and its not off the wall its just hasnt been discussed before

dk8019

CC, Did you get the other 814s out of Drexel last week? I bought one of the earlier ones, recovery is tomorrow, and although I lack the skills that you have, I think I might be able to learn, and a crew cab variant, with an 813 bed may very well be in mine's future. Your Deuce turned out so well, I just have to do it one day! :razz:

davesgmc

look at my avtar, thats my 5 ton 4 door, with a 12 foot bed, only beacuse i couldnt find a 14 foot while i was putting it together, the gap between the bed and cab now holds the spare 53" tire. it is powered by a 6-71 detroit currently. the goofy grill and headlights are the ne4xt thing to get a make over.

as far as selling it, sure i would. how much ya give me? and yeah, it will make it to tx just fine. it will go 70 on the open road.

OSO

I like that 1954 bridge truck !! If i had a garage to play like that ,I would do that too.:idea::idea: I have a 1953 M328 . Right now doing a cab swap, a M813 cab newer mount points W/W also going to a switch starter . Getting rid of the foot starter.

Last edited:

psofga

I would hope so. I'm new here and saw the post and thought I could help. I saw the date later :/. You never know though... People get discouraged when they don't get exactly what they are looking for right away. Besides, the trucks I saw were really cool and unique. I got to drive one for a few hundred miles and one is very much so on my list!

Hawssie

While I understand the 4 wheel steering due to wheel base vs turning radius but why do you have to run 53"s or is that just a preference (THE BIGGER THE BETTER SYNDROME) Be simple enough to make a 4 door, if your willing to sacrifice another cab.

dangood

Did someone say crew cab? We have built several, about 7 so far. In my opinion, yes they take forever to build, and yes they cost a buttload, but man are they more fun to drive and make the truck more practical to use. Not to mention the added room also adds a very much needed feature that anyone who has driven these trucks more than an hour would appreciate...reclining seats. We decided to throw caution to the wind and are now building a 10 seater crewcab. Should be done in a few weeks. will post pics of the build soon. View attachment 565944View attachment 565952View attachment 565951View attachment 565950View attachment 565949View attachment 565948View attachment 565947View attachment 565946View attachment 565945View attachment 565953

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks