• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where can i get a 5 ton crew cab?

Caveman12019

id use a long wb 5t truck, crew cab it and use a 813/ 814 bed, that would be a awesome rig, it would look factory
How would you go about crew caning it out? One crew cab or DIY crew cab and what would be the DIY material to crew cab a single cab?

Caveman12019

All crew cabs are custom made by joining the original cab with an extra donor cab - there were no factory crew cab 5-tons that I know of.
So I just need a donor cab so to speak a good deal on the least likely to ever drive again but still strong in the cab and I can just marry the two and make a crew cab? I always thought they were factory built in limited numbers hint the hard to find part. Thanks you have now opens my eyes to a world of new possibilities haha

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I just need a donor cab so to speak a good deal on the least likely to ever drive again but still strong in the cab and I can just marry the two and make a crew cab? I always thought they were factory built in limited numbers hint the hard to find part. Thanks you have now opens my eyes to a world of new possibilities haha
Just need a donor cab - and then the hard part - finding somebody with the skills.

Gotta chop up the one you have on the back and the new one on the front, then "glue" them together with a welding device. Then move everything behind the cab you have now back about three feet. Then install another support to hold up the new back half of the new cab...
Then either extend the frame you have or cut down the bed. If you are doing a if doing a "bobber" you may need more frame than you planned.

Ajax MD

The M35 and the M809 series trucks used identical cabs (except for the hood which doesn't apply in your case).
This means that you don't need two "5 ton cabs." You can find an old deuce and a half cab to combine with your 5 ton's cab.

If you're trying to make a crew cab out of a 939 series truck then yes, you'll need two M939 cabs.

Caveman12019

Just need a donor cab - and then the hard part - finding somebody with the skills.

Gotta chop up the one you have on the back and the new one on the front, then "glue" them together with a welding device. Then move everything behind the cab you have now back about three feet. Then install another support to hold up the new back half of the new cab...
Then either extend the frame you have or cut down the bed. If you are doing a if doing a "bobber" you may need more frame than you planned.
The only part I’d be really concerned doing alone is if I decided to go with a bobbed look cool and convenient for parking spaces but that decision would come after I figure out measurements and placement of everything if I have enough space to go bobbed! I want to make it a “family friendly” off road camper primarily for me to travel to hunt more but still good to take family camping etc so I want to build a camper shell but if it has a tire lift I’d like to keep that and just build camper beyond that point! I appreciate the information my dream is ever so slightly more plausible than I had hoped haha

HDN

All crew cabs are custom made by joining the original cab with an extra donor cab - there were no factory crew cab 5-tons that I know of.
Meanwhile, Canada ordered AWD Navistar trucks with 8-9-person crew cabs for their army :p I think that would be neat in a collection!

I like the idea of a crew cab but I have the feeling that crew cab money could go toward a 4-seat HMMWV or another truck to pal around with. Kinda like deciding whether to bob a deuce or 5-ton or just buy a LMTV.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Meanwhile, Canada ordered AWD Navistar trucks with 8-9-person crew cabs for their army :p I think that would be neat in a collection!

I like the idea of a crew cab but I have the feeling that crew cab money could go toward a 4-seat HMMWV or another truck to pal around with. Kinda like deciding whether to bob a deuce or 5-ton or just buy a LMTV.
@Derrickl112 has or had a 2004 Freightliner FL80 with four doors 6x6 and a Cat 3126 in it. Got pictures below to look at and drool over :)

2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 02.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 03.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 04.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 05.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 06.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 07.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 08.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 09.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 10.jpeg 2004 freightliner FL80 6x6 - 12.jpeg

Caveman12019

That’s very true I just as also contemplating a LMTV myself!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks