• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where did you mount the license plates

Wrench Wench

Oh, and Indiana is one of the few states in the Union that does not require front plates, so I'd only have to mount one on the rear and be done with it. =D

comanderfritz

i drilled two holes in the upper mud flap. for the front got a piece of metal and cut to size of the plate. i slipped it behind the grill mesh and then screwed the plate to that. (avatar picture shows this). so no drilling bumpers mainly because there thicker than any metal i want to ever drill through on a vehicle. but the mudflap wasn't a problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted the front plate on both deuce's here. I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper and also thought cameras would have a tougher time with this location. Two holes in the radiator core crossmember.

Attachments

tory

mine is hung from an old coat hanger i found in the parking lot of the DMV to my left rear light assembly. if the rear lights are turned on you can just barely see that there's somthing under it, and if the tail gate is down you can't see anything. not a great solution by any means but it seems to work.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't even put a plate on mine here in Ohio. I carry the plates in the cab with me. No trouble yet but in Ohio you can leave them off if the vehicle is historical. You do have to paint the numbers for your plate on the rear though (no, I haven't done it yet).

sw

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't even put a plate on mine here in Ohio. I carry the plates in the cab with me. No trouble yet but in Ohio you can leave them off if the vehicle is historical. You do have to paint the numbers for your plate on the rear though (no, I haven't done it yet).

sw
In Ohio you must paint the registration number on front and rear and carry at least 1 of the historical plates and registration in the mv at all times the vehicle is operated on public roads and highways in Ohio.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Ohio you must paint the registration number on front and rear and carry at least 1 of the historical plates and registration in the mv at all times the vehicle is operated on public roads and highways in Ohio.

You are correct of course about painting them on front and back. :)

I don't drive it that much on the road. Probably get a ticket sometime but then I'll have another story for the site.

sw

OD_Coyote

I bolted mine to the existing holes in the left rear mud guard and the right front bumper.
I guess the holes were standard issue for Air Force trucks, since she came to me straight from the GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks