• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHERE have all the M1008/M1028 gone?

Pawnshop

So I sold my M35A2 to buy a M1028, should be easy, right? I have been looking all over and found almost NO M1028/M1008 for sale! I am in Central Texas so a close one would be sweet, but when I stretch the search out nationwide I only find a few, and when the modified trucks (12v, swamp buggy, suspension lift) are eliminated the number drops even lower. NONE on GL that I can find! What is the deal? Are they really all gone? If so that is just my luck...

K9Vic

Well it seems that GL mostly has been having the M1009 Blazers as of late, or maintenance trucks. When the M1008/28 show up they go for big money as they seem to be getting harder to find. There are some on eBay, right now, but nothing local to Texas. Give it a few more years and these trucks will be worth allot more when the government has sold them all off. That cuts out the lowest source and leaves it up to private party sales.

Chief_919

The 1008's and 1028's are mostly gone from the system. A few stragglers now and then, but nothing much.

I just sold one here, and may have another one ready in a month or so to sell.

Pawnshop

There are six on eBay right now: two very nice ones out of my price range, one modified, one "ran when parked", one with a poss blown motor and one nice but incomplete... Slim Pickens! I really don't want to have to ship one but I may just have to. Are you going to have a hurricane sale Mr. Chief:)??

markg

i have the one in my avitar i would consider selling. im not using it enough to keep. 35k miles. real 1028.

truck1

Hundy @ 100dollarman.com (Mark) had 3 m1008,m1028s for sale in his yard about 6 weeks ago .They came straight from Barstow or Nellis I believe.I gave them the once over and they were pretty clean rigs.They were priced fair also,and were ready to drive away.He is in SoCal near Barstow.Good luck.I just completed the major work on my 1028.All stock except for the 4" lift and 37" Humvee tires.Added a tiny tach,oil pressure gauge,temp gauge, V-belts, front and rear brakes complete ,spare tire mount in the bed,tow hitch,shocks,fluids changed,camper shell, and bed tool box.It has an overhaul tag on the block-overhauled complete@ FT.Sill,OK. in 11/08,so that was a pleasent surprise.It runs great.Plenty of pep and hardly any smoke.I think it might be ready for the drive to Colorado for hunting season.And I really like the fuel mileage.They are awesome trucks!:beer:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By gosh it DOES seem like CUCV's are getting scarce... but I've thought that before when I was shopping last year. Then suddenly--- there's a whole raft of 'em up for auction! I say keep your ear to the ground and check the GL locations once a week. Meanwhile, good luck to ya'!

P.S. Just thought of something; would there be anything wrong with just calling the GL locations and asking if/when 1008's will be available?

Last edited:

trooper632

I have been looking for one for a while and finally scored one, will be picking it up on thursday out of ft. hood, looks like a clean truck, I'll talk to the rep there and see if he has any insight.

Pawnshop

Did you get the 1028 that closed a couple of weeks ago? If I had sold my Deuce at that point I would have wrassled you for it:) My spy tells me that one is very nice and well worth what you paid. Mr. Holcolmb (the GL man) is a very nice guy and very helpful. Be SURE you have the REGISTRATION RECEIPT for your POV before you try to get a day pass or else you will not be allowed on base!

trooper632

yes pawnshop, it looked real nice and i was kinda surprised i got it for what i did considering watching other ones go alot higher, only thing that concerned me a little was the description was HX instead of the usual H7, but i have bought before with that HX description and had no problems, we'll see.

Pawnshop

I think the reason they are so scarce is because of the Dana 60 & 14 bolt alot have either been parted or people are holding on to them
I think that may have something to do with availability post-military, I did find a couple for sale with NO axles:shock:, however all the cool kids are running other axles these days, only the old timers are using Dana 60s any more (according to friends, I don't know myself...)

steved454

there was a couple of them for sale last month on GL from camp shelby in MS, there are still some on the base. On 49 close to jackson there are alot of M1009 and m1008s in a parking area next to a shop the military seems to be using will keep and eye out for anymore for sale in this area for you.

Pawnshop

BTW: I did find one to buy! I am going to buy the one in markg's avatar, I will be picking her up in the morning, I will post some pix soon. It is a M1028 that had a 1031 box put on the back by someone (Army I guess), NP208 t-case (NO PTO option) that did at least some time on Ft. Hood (brake test sticker on the windshield) then was transferred to the Border Patrol in Marfa Texas who eventually sold it to Mark. Mark took the box off the back and installed a bed from a parts truck, turning it back into a M1028.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks