• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHERE have all the M1008/M1028 gone?

markg

got the work done! it had cooled down to 111f by the time i got the last tire put on. see you guys tomorrow.

mark

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was the same way when i got it. A contact maintence truck conversion. I installed a bed back on it. You can't haul anything with a 1031 bed. Mine is a A1 and i'm glad i have the NP205. Although it's my problem child, out of my
MV's it's one of my favorites.

Pawnshop

Mine turns out to NOT have had a M1031 bed, it was a civvie tool box bed.

I drove her around a bit today and I love her already, although she has the dreaded "Death Wobble"! I got the tires balanced (that helped) and have new shocks and a steering damper on order, that should cure it, the truck is smooth and tight with no rattles on the bumps so the front end should not need a rebuild.

Attachments

Roadrunner 161

Try Government Surplus Auctions - GovDeals.com as well. Type "military" in the search engine and you can see 1028's and 1009's quite often. These are the ones that local government entities sell after using. There are sometimes Hummers on there as well. You can also search on Auction Zip - Live Auction Locator - Find Auctions Anywhere! by zip code. Look for them under several different names; Blazer, military Blazer, CUCV, M1009, etc.

I also know where about 20 or so m1028's and 1009's are for sale right now. That's my secret but I will give it out for the right $$$ :)

mktopside

Banned
For the right price?

Cool, I'm going to remember that, and post a link to this thread every single time you ask a question, or ask for help in the future.

You could be broken down on the side of the road, and I'm going to remind the person coming to get you that they need to charge you.

I'm going to check your posting history every morning when I log into this site, and I promise you that you'll regret being such a selfish punk.

Roadrunner 161

mktopside... A smiley :) means that is funny.

Forum Rules

• Do not post unfriendly or insulting comments or replies to other members., This can start unpleasant exchanges which no one wants to read in an otherwise valuable topic. If someone has posted a rude comment to/about the user, the user itself is asked to ignore the remark and report the offending post for review and deletion.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was nice when we showed up this morning and Mark had already done all the tires, etc. Very decent, sir! All we had to do was chat for a bit, and drive the vehicles back to Sam's place.

The boy was grinning when he got in the 1028, grinning the whole trip home (I was following in his 1009 and could see teeth reflected in the side mirror :p), grinning as he drove me back to the house, and still grinning as he disappeared into the distance. Good to see a buddy happy!

Cheers

markg

thanks guys , good to see you both. good luck with the new ride sam!! let me know how you decide to handle the plates. thanks. see you later. mark

i guess its time to find a new picture!

Last edited:

Pawnshop

I got the tires balanced and that killed the wobble, I drove 25 miles today and it did not happen once. I am still going to replace the shocks and steering dampener, just because

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice! You going to put the Desert Storm markings on it? You need a similarly painted M1010 to go with it.

Pawnshop

Looks nice! You going to put the Desert Storm markings on it? You need a similarly painted M1010 to go with it.
Yes, I am going to repaint the inverted V that was in it and make up some bumper numbers. I need to paint the tail gate and find some troop seats, install new batteries and a starter and it's done.

Thanks for the complements! I really like this truck.

rfischba1

CUCV's

I'm glad I bought mine 3 yars back when there were a lot going up for sale. Picked up 3 M100s's and 2 M1009's at Fort Meade MD. Still have my M1008, low miles , great truck. I wish I had not sold the others so cheep now. But when you need the cash you have to cut a deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks