• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is that @#$%$## buzzer?

madsam

I need to put a switch to make the low air pressure buzzer quiet while I start the truck. There is a switch in my truck is hooked up to nothing. I can't hardly start the truck up here anyway. I can't hear the engine for the buzzer. I have looked under the dash, but cant find it. can anyone tell me where the buzzer is. I looked at the manual, and it showed some square panel, but I do see that either. Do you have to take out the glove box or something like that?

DavidB

To find you may turn on master swicth on with low air condition and then look /feel under center of dash.Box is about six inches square and about an inch and a half deep one wire coming out.May be conceled by heater box hoses for defrost.
DavidB

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unlike our dueces, the 800 series master switch kills the engine in the off position. at least it does on my XM816. I've learned to appriciate the buzzer. I know if I were to "switch it", I'd leave it in the off possition some day and regret it.

I've had that buzzer come on once and I'm glad it did. I had left the trailer connection air valve open (service) so I was draining air whenever I used the brakes. Buzzer came on, I stopped and found the problem. Buzzer Good.

emr

The 800 Alts have a screw on the side if one screws it all the way in it disarms the kill on the switchs, one will need the fuel cut off to kill the truck, but if there is a problem this can be a good trick , its there to help in an emergency. Randy

Maroman

SasquatchSanta said:
They are mounted over the drivers windshieild and drop down when air pressure drops:

Great so now you have no brakes and you can't see because of the lolly pop in your face. :wink:

Actually that is kinda neat. There is no avoiding that. How does it start out when you first get in the truck? Does it pop out of the way when the pressure rises?

madsam

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
You can also just get out of the vehicle and let it warm up a bit.
At 10,000 feet and don't have my block heater yet, The engine is not running yet, so there is no getting out and waiting. I am talking about the time I am trying to hear the engine catch while cranking. That buzzer makes it 10 times harder to hear the engine catch.

If the engine is running, the pressure would be built up and the buzzer would shut up. I really like the wigwag idea. Lets you know without being irritating.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cranetruck has a solution with his buzzer managment black box. It will pulse the buzzer until air pressure is established.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By pulsing the buzzer it's a lot less irritating. If you want to try it, wire a turn signal flasher unit in between, let the low air switch turn on the flasher unit and let the flasher drive the buzzer. Just standard mil parts....

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think that you just need that on/off switch for the buzzer as you buzzer is working. its the switch that is not working. i have found a switch if you would be interested in one Tim

m35a2cowner

momentary switch

Why not put a momentary (switch is open=non-conducting when pressed) in the line. When starting depress the button soon as engine starts (or thumb goes numb) let go. Buzzer off and on when you need it to be.

SasquatchSanta

RE: momentary switch

Maroman Wrote:

Actually that is kinda neat. There is no avoiding that. How does it start out when you first get in the truck? Does it pop out of the way when the pressure rises?
After you shut the truck off the arm will swing down when the air leaks off.

If you find the arm down when you get back in the truck you then have to swing the arm back up. It will not stay up until the air pressure is back to a safe level.

I personally think it a more fail-safe system than the buzzer. It's sure a lot quieter. Wig Wags were standard on trucks for many years