• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is that @#$%$## buzzer?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: momentary switch

m35a2cowner said:
Why not put a momentary (switch is open=non-conducting when pressed) in the line. When starting depress the button soon as engine starts (or thumb goes numb) let go. Buzzer off and on when you need it to be.
Best Idea for your situation yet. If you turn it off, you can forget about it. This way it is still active once you acomplish what you wanted.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: momentary switch

...a switch is obvoiusly an answer, the newer m656/xm757 series 8x8s came from factory with this pushbutton on the dash, however, if you are doing other things in the cab or right outside (looking for an air leak, for example) it doesn't do much good, I'm pulsing my buzzer on the 8x8 too.....

I'm not interested in selling my black box, which Recovry4x4 often mentions, thank you for that Kenny! It's simply too expensive to build in small quantities. Since it was designed some 8 years ago I have not sold one unit at the full price and I have only made 1/2 dozen including my own. Full price would be over $100 list...
Using the flasher unit is, IMHO a better way to go and it keeps a spare flasher handy too.

m139h2otruck

The buzzer on our water truck was unplugged, and since I didn't know anything, I just thought that we would install Saturn's air gauge update kit which includes a warning light with a "y" connector. Found the buzzer in the mean time, but still only hooked up the light. Installed in the middle of the gauge cluster with a red lens cover so it does get your attention. Gauge and light was $36+ and light only was $11+.

madsam

For now maybe momentary switch is a good way to go. But sense I put the block heater in, it is not as big an issue. The engine catches a lot better.

OSO

Well I guess that box on the firewall that has a wire close to it is my buzzer box . Now all I have to do is insert wire into connector! aua

No.2Diesel

The low air buzzer is probably one the most irritating sounds created by man. I feel your pain Madsam. It should be on the firewall. Just unplug it. No need for any alternate system. Just look at your gauges.

The first time I heard it, I said: What is that!? "What the f*ck is that!?" (similar to R. Lee Ermey in FMJ) unplugged it from there on out.

I also always unplug the beeper from any heavy equipment that I rent as well. That sound is also up there on the annoying list.

rmgill

How about a switch that has a mechanical timer? You turn it and it cuts the buzzer circuit and after 5 mintues it'll close and re-enable the buzzer.

bugei

so thats what that damn thing looks like. i thought it was like the snipe at summer camp or a rational women, or anyone of those other mythical things that should exist but don't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks