• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get Data plates?

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called Rod Shaver on July 20th at 3:30 for a full set of M37 data plates and Rod called me back today at lunchtime and has the plates in stock and will ship them when he receives payment. :-D

Chief_919

If anyone needs plates stamped with a professional looking stamp, I have several vintage Graphotype machines and would be glad to do it. I can only fit smaller plates, and there are some other limitations, but at worst I would just send your plates back and say they won't fit.

I have been rebuilding Graphotypes for use as dog tag machine for 15 years, and have sold several to customers who used them to reproduce build tags for classic cars.

I can also print blank metal tags for generaric vin tags for trailers and such. My machines will do both the embossed letters like the older dog tags, and the raised letters like the newer tags, like your credit cards have.

I have an Pitney Bowes machine that is manual and designed for the same use, but for a larger plate. I have been meaning to adapt it for dog tags, but I may pull it out and see if I can't make it work for larger MV plates.

Avn-Tech

Group,

I have been taling with a company that currently makes data plates for the government about making new data plates. I started doing the research, but ran out of time.

My cost for a data plate would be $10-15 ea, and then a mark-up for my time and effort. If there is enough interest, I will find time to complete the project. The new data plates are oil/fuel resistant, and will not fade out again.

Initially I was looking at the M-35 series of trucks, but if they are sucussfull I would branch out or do custom orders (More money).

PM me if you are interested.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech
fish@aviation-tech.com

DKELONE

I am in arizona loading the data plates, stickers, decal, stamping machines etc owned by rod and dan and known as mvdataplates.com. It will take a few weeks to move this inventory to illlinois, sort, inventory, and present it for sale. I plan on updating and filling out gaps in the inventory to offer a very complete selection of mv data plates. Please contact david kelone, dkelone@aol.com or 309-696-7080 with your needs/wants. I rarely check pm's here. I spent the day consolidating and looking over inventory and am amazed at the quantity & selection in this inventory--need plates for your fuel tanker, parts washer, pump, genset, ammo storage rack, etc. The list goes on and on. How about an abrams tank turret plate to finish out your new toy? I now have sources for pretty much any mv plate. I look forward to being of service. Thanks, david

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been a while, but I thought when I last contacted Rod Shaver, he, or someone close to him, told me he was getting out of the data plate business.

I hope he's still doing it.

Glad I got mine when I did. It sounds like they're getting hard to find

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where are you guys getting your dataplates from, lately?

dkelone? emailed him but no response.......:?

G.

edit: got a quote from David, the same afternoon...!:grin:

Last edited: