• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to purchase NEW in-tank fuel pumps and parts.

CCATLETT1984

Here is the text of a PM i reseived.

Hello,

My name is Jim O'Shea, an engineer with a company that makes the 24V fuel pump for the M35 and Bradleys. We have been contacted over the years for replacement parts from your members and have gladly supplied the new fuel pump. My purpose for contacting you is, each time we are contacted the person mentions how difficult it was to find us. I'd be happy to supply you with the right person to contact and part numbers etc.

Jim O'Shea
Olympic Controls Corp.

847-742-3566 ext 227

www.occorp.com

JOShea@OCCorp.com

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those new ones are only $225?

davemccoull

In tank pump

I,ve managed to get hold of a new pump, but the fitting for the electrical connection is a bayonet fitting on the side (as shown on sales sheet). the original pump has the cable hard wired into the top. Can anybody supply me or tell me where to get this fitting so i can fit the new pump.
Thanks in advance guys.

JEOShea

RE: In tank pump

Send me a digital photo of the offending pump. I might be able to help. We make several different configurations. If the pump is in the UK, perhaps it's been modified to compensate for driving on the wrong side of the road! :)

SasquatchSanta

I installed the new Olympic Controls in-tank fuel pump today.

These guys are a pure joy to do business with. The new pump went in within a half hour and works like a charm --- I'm delighted.

One of the attached pictures shows three pumps that I paid anywhere fron $160.00 to $190.00 "plus freight" for. They were all sold as "good take-outs" that had been checked over. They are all junk! After running a few hours they would either start blowiing fuses or start making lots of noise and then quit working. If the last "good used" pump I bought was checked over it was many years ago. The buss fuse was white and there was enough sand under the fuse cover to start a foundry. I'm sooo glad I found Olympic Controls.

I think I'm going to trade the three good used "junk" pumps for a dog and then shoot the dog.

PS: When buying a pump for a deuce (50 gallon tank) be sure to tell Olympic Controls the electrical cable needs to be ten inches long.

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wanted to let everyone know this supplier and price is still good. One of clintogf's trucks died and when I started troubleshooting it, I found the pump had power (good fuse, etc.) and didn't make a sound.

Called Olympic this past Monday, it showed up on Thursday. $225 + about $13 shipping. Came with new gaskets for the tank and the fuse housing.

Very high quality, everything attached the way it should. Wouldn't have taken long, but I had to glass bead and repaint everything :)rolleyes:).

In talking to Jim @ Olympic, he told me the mil-spec for these pumps is 1500 hours but these pumps on average are lasting 3-4K hours. He said they had made several changes and upgrades to the pumps to improve them over what most of us have in our trucks.

He was extremely helpful and I am thankful he and Olympic Controls are supporting the hobby.

I have included some pics because I am awesome.

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
do they use the same fuse? i need a pump for my secondary tank bleh
Yes-It is EXACTLY like the original. It installed in 5 minutes with no mods and re-uses everything original. Our original 2A slow blow fuse is still there.

Is paint a good idea on a fuel pump housing?
Meaning the actual pump itself or the bracket I blasted and re-painted?

On the pump, I wouldn't bother, since the manufacturer didn't. On the bracket, it was obviously painted before being assembled, so I felt I wasn't doing anything that the Army hasn't been doing for 50+ years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks