• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which is the Hardest Bolt or Nut to remove from the Deuce?

Which is the Hardest Bolt or Nut to remove from the Deuce

• Emergency Brake Handle Mounting Bolt

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Alternator Mounting Bolts

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Emergency Brake Adjusting Nut

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • #4 Cylinder Exhaust Manifold Lower Nut

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Tachometer Cable to Motor

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hoop

1. Emergency Brake Handle Mounting Bolt.
2. Alternator Mounting Bolts.
3. Emergency Brake Adjusting Nut.
4. #4 Cylinder Exhaust Manifold (lower).
5. Tachometer cable to motor.
6. Other.

Last edited:

tm america

i think the big nut on the pintle was the most pita of any i can remember taking off..i think it was a 2.5 inch socket and you have to hold the pintle from spinning while trying to get the big arse nut to break loose .i had to use a pipe and a floor jack to get mine loose

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Which is the Hardest Bolt or Nut to remove from the Deuce
Any one you can't get to with an air ratchet/impact wrench and can only get 1/8 of a turn on with a box end wrench that you have had to cut down to get into the tight space that was designed by an idiot after consulting with a moron.:cookoo:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
i think the big nut on the pintle was the most pita of any i can remember taking off..i think it was a 2.5 inch socket and you have to hold the pintle from spinning while trying to get the big arse nut to break loose .i had to use a pipe and a floor jack to get mine loose
I sold the pintle hook off my parts truck and i couldn't get it off, so i cut the rear cross member off.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't done some of the work y'all have so I went with the P/B mechanism mounting bolts between the floor of the cab and the tool box top.

Wasn't that bad but still.

Rick

tm america

i also had a super hard time tightening the bellhousing to trans bolts while the trans was still in the truck .. the top two were the worst.. I had to use a open end wrench and a pry bar working through the little inspection hole at the bottom of the bell

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
injection pump to houseing bolts i made a wrench just for that job made it easier
Been awhile but thought that there are three studs on the front gear cover and if you put a jam nut on the correct three the IP and the spacer plate come off as one. Then you don't have to fool around with the hard to get to bolts that hold the IP to the spacer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait until you go to take a fender off and the captured nuts won't hold where the fender attaches to the cab. You've got to cut a hole into the cab tubing to access the nuts to hold them.

Replacing the defroster duct isn't any fun either.

steelandcanvas

Deuce PTO gearbox to tranny mounting nuts, it was a whole lot easier with the tranny out of the truck. I could never imagine doing this with the tranny still on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks