• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which oil do you use?

Hammer

Delo, cause I HATE the smell of the Rotella right after an oil change (at least on my Dodge's anyways).

Of course with my 'fleet' getting larger soon, the coastal might be worth a shot!
If for nothing else it will be a good oil to run for a change or two to make sure everything is clean and in working order.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will be hard pressed to find a difference between the Warren and the top of the price chain stuff. I was a staunch advocate of the Shell and Delo until they price themselves right out of my budget. I'm glad they did!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
oldshep said:
Im running 3 gallons of rotella 15-40 then the rest is rotella synthetic. It cant hurt it i guess.
I've been told that mixing Synthetic and "Regular" oil is a no-no, or is this an old wives tale?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ said:
oldshep said:
Im running 3 gallons of rotella 15-40 then the rest is rotella synthetic. It cant hurt it i guess.
I've been told that mixing Synthetic and "Regular" oil is a no-no, or is this an old wives tale?
Nobody has an opinion/observation on this?

Capt.Marion

I've heard of folks using Amsoil full-synthetic everything (diffs, trans, transfer), with 15w-40 in the motor, and getting a HP boost and slightly increased fuel economy due to the higher performance of the oil at higher temperatures. (Doesn't break down as much as Petrol oils)

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMGENERAL,

Where do you purchase by the 55 gal drum?
Does it have a limited shelf life or go bad after being oipened?
Does oil absorb water out of the air?

I always wait for Rotella to go on sale at the local Auto Parts, but now that I am up to 5 large trucks, buying in bulk may be the way to go. I 'll have to see what the warehouse stores have.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother gets all his Rotella in 55 gal drums at Sam's Club as well. I think my next purchase will be a big drum too.

otisroy

Ed, I subscribe to the same "old wives tale" if it is one. Don't mix types or weights. The dilemna I ran into was whether or not to change the still translucent oil in the 109 because I don't know what's in it. I wouldn't know if putting in a couple quarts of 15-40 is okay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks