• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

white multi fuel performance mods

deuce_09

i was wondering if the multi fuel engine in my deuce has a mechanical fuel pump that can be turned up.like a 12v cummins.
or if there are other mods u can do to get a little extra power

deuce_09

was that a joke andy?dont be a smarta$$.:mrgreen:
just want more power out of my deuce. got a turbo already now i want to open up the pump.
and whatever else i can to have more balls then ur deuce has

TexAndy

You gonna be in town tomorrow?

I'm coming up to san antonio tomorrow. Come by the state surplus yard if you want to see whose truck has the biggest cojones. ;)

Er, assuming it runs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
deuce_09, you need to go find the deuce modification and hot rodding forum and start on page one and read from there to the most recent page. It will give you the background and foundation you need to continue this discussion and it will actually answer the questions you have in this thread. There are several threads which discuss the hot rodding of the multifuel-turning up the fuel, different turbos, water injection, intercoolers, etc.

Most every deuce question a person could have is already on SS somewhere.

deuce_09

i have searched it an the combination of the very slow internet connection and having the 500pgs. to go through makes it difficult to find .so the way i usually do it is if i type it in the thread starter page an nothing pops up thats simular to what my threads about,ill post it.
for instance i was told to try the tech manual and to read about the multi fuel and when i clicked on it i waited around 5 min. and it still wouldn't load. dont want yall to think i didn't try searching or anything it just gets frusterating when everything loads so slow.

Last edited:

tm america

next quesion in the deuce forum ........how do i get my computer and deuce to go faster? answer take the computer with you when towing the deuce behind a kenworth....

Barrman

To answer your original question. Yes it can be turned up and very easy to do. However, the more you turn it up the more heat you make. That is why you want a pyrometer to tell you how much heat your are making and that your pistons are about to melt.

No matter how much you turn it up, you will never get close to what a 5.9 in a 1 ton truck will do. However, I don't think a 5.9 will handle 25,000 pounds in 100 degree heat at full throttle for hours on end like the LDT-465 in stock form will. Day after day after year. Everything is a trade off. Stop light drags and top speed are what the M35 gives up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks