• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who Bought Those Oshkosh MK-48s???

MAJ MALFUNCTION

An emotional homecoming today....

Ok it was just me jumping around like a 7 year old on Christmas Day!!!

She's home all... special thanks to Wreckerman893 and crew, for getting her on the way... and Andy1234 for arranging all the shipping details...

Also, I've had a LOT of loads, but this shipping company has to be one of the best!

Some pics, so I don't get the dreaded ICONS OF CHASTISEMENT...

Thanks All!

I hope we can get a section on Steel Soldiers for this and the HEMTT!
SHAZAM, that's a good looking rig, Augdog!!

Mine is the lot right below yours (6520) - looks identical to the pics of yours. :-D

M1031CMT

Great looking truck. Congrats!

I know what you mean about new trucks. I bought a truck today and am going to pick it up tomorrow and am pretty excited. Is not a brand new truck (an 89) but it is something I have been looking for a while so I can't wait to bring her home.

Make sure to take some detailed pics of all over the truck when you have a chance!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
She's home all... special thanks to Wreckerman893 and crew, for getting her on the way... and Andy1234 for arranging all the shipping details...
That was the first one of our three loaded.......I have driven plenty of HEMMT's but that was the first MK48 I had ever been in. Backing it onto the RGN was an experience not for the faint of heart. My pucker factor was close to 10.

We have exfiltrated the objective returned to the Primary LZ.

I call success on the mission......four trucks shipped out for SS members and some freelance work as well.

If I get one more commitment for assistance (got three now) we will do a return engagement next week.

Most of the remaining trucks from the first sale are not assembled and according to GL's description none of the ones in the next sale are.

All in all it was fun......plus we made some coin to support our addiction and made sure our fellow members got their new toys.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Also, I've had a LOT of loads, but this shipping company has to be one of the best!

Thanks All!

AD, Be sure to add and tighten the connection bolts on that truck, we put enough in to get it on the truck, also just the air lines were hooked up, NO electrical., also REMOVE the FPU transport struts, this locks the rear axle on the FPU to the frame to help keep the nose dive syndrome to a minimum.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As I said in a earlier post, the base does not want to load these trucks on standard flatbeds, today a FPU was not allowed to load on a HIGH flatbed, the trailer was about 10" higher then the ramp, it was thought that having the FPU climb that high to get up on the trailer was VERY unsafe, so NO LOAD, SO guys PLEASE make sure the haul truck is a step deck or a RGN

I just found out a friend of mine,Bought one of the Mk48s From Lejeune. He picks it up today, and he said i could come out maybe saturday and see it. I can get some pics if not he may post some i dont know we will wait and see.:beer:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still trying to figure out what one would do with one of these beasts?? Any owners care to chime in on the missions that are planned for the newly acquired Green Iron?

Very cool item just not sure how it would be used :driver:

martinwcox

MK48 Storage in FL

Anyone in FL and near'ish Blout Is. have any storage space for logistical purposes / short term parking etc.

Planning is better than having that sinking feeling after you win the bid :shock:

PM if you do.

Andy1234

I am still trying to figure out what one would do with one of these beasts?? Any owners care to chime in on the missions that are planned for the newly acquired Green Iron?

Very cool item just not sure how it would be used :driver:
Play with it and see if it'll fit through McDonald's drive thru...:razz::razz:

Andy

3dAngus

Thanks All!

This is ABSOLUTELY NO LIE, and no exaggeration either.

When I see that truck and trailer in your pictures, my heart rate is vastly accellerated to where I can feel it in my chest and in my neck. I'm telling ya, I just love the look of those things, and am so jealous. Do they have air conditioning and heat? How do they drive. Is is a rough and bouncy ride?
I don't care either way, I just want one, and don't have the coin for it.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS to all who purchased.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
hey guys,
Im putting a set of Global Air Ride seats in myne. I heard they have a RUFF ride. I also planning to add A/C from the RED DOT hmmwv kits I bought awhile back. I just need to modify the 6.2 bracket to fit the detroit, or make one from scratch. I have a plazma cutter and a mig. Will keep you informed of my progress.
Kevin..
PS, Got a few A/C kits, and air ride Global seats left if anyone wants one. Saving the last 2 for me.

Last edited:

Stalwart

hey guys,
Im putting a set of Global Air Ride seats in myne.
Maybe, maybe not, they have a small available space in the cab, especially because of the sloped back wall. At least that is the case in my HEMTT cab, it took some small air-ride seats and the back of the lower mounts needed to be cut off for clearance.