• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who do you recommend?

Nick30605

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good transport company that can handle a 16,000 pound Freightliner FLU419? I've tried UShip but it seems like it's mostly brokers who are responding back to me. I would like to communicate with the driver directly.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far Veritread is working out for me. For better or worse, brokers are a necessary part of the transportation process. They can find you an eastbound empty truck leaving RRAD out of the hundreds that go there every day.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can haul it if you cant find anyone reasonable. I have a trailer and a 5ton. I am needing to haul something towards dallas anyways

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Nick30605

VeriTread was the first company I tried and they burned through 6 days without finding someone to take the shipment and now I'm left with only one day to find another transporter. Monday 7/18

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That or you can just try to get it off base. I think there is a person or two on here around there that may be willing to hold it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your SEE run? I have a driver bringing a truck to Texas from NC and will be looking for a load back east on Tues-Wed. He has a drop deck trailer with ramps.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
An extension isn't that of a deal on it especially if VeriTread jerked you around. I am available. Let me run some specs on how tall the thing is since my trailer is pretty tall already. These things really 10ft tall? I know that big headache thing is up there.

General Hood

The FLU419s at Texarkana are located off base on Southlake Dr., I was there again this week and the on site GP guy is great to work with. I only live 90 miles from there, so the delivery was cheap. Good luck with your quest, and enjoy the SEE
IMG_20160713_101249933_HDR (1).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks