• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who do you recommend?

Nick30605

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good transport company that can handle a 16,000 pound Freightliner FLU419? I've tried UShip but it seems like it's mostly brokers who are responding back to me. I would like to communicate with the driver directly.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far Veritread is working out for me. For better or worse, brokers are a necessary part of the transportation process. They can find you an eastbound empty truck leaving RRAD out of the hundreds that go there every day.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can haul it if you cant find anyone reasonable. I have a trailer and a 5ton. I am needing to haul something towards dallas anyways

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Nick30605

VeriTread was the first company I tried and they burned through 6 days without finding someone to take the shipment and now I'm left with only one day to find another transporter. Monday 7/18

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That or you can just try to get it off base. I think there is a person or two on here around there that may be willing to hold it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your SEE run? I have a driver bringing a truck to Texas from NC and will be looking for a load back east on Tues-Wed. He has a drop deck trailer with ramps.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
An extension isn't that of a deal on it especially if VeriTread jerked you around. I am available. Let me run some specs on how tall the thing is since my trailer is pretty tall already. These things really 10ft tall? I know that big headache thing is up there.

General Hood

The FLU419s at Texarkana are located off base on Southlake Dr., I was there again this week and the on site GP guy is great to work with. I only live 90 miles from there, so the delivery was cheap. Good luck with your quest, and enjoy the SEE
IMG_20160713_101249933_HDR (1).jpg