• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who drives their deuce every day?

TurboTim

Just wondering who drives there deuce everyday. I have been driving mine since I rebuilt the motor in January. I have put over 2000 miles on it since then and have done lots of long road trips. Can I keep driving this thing every day or will it start to fall apart? How many miles have people put on theirs over time? I live maybe 10 miles from my work and I have a tilt trailer I tow stuff with so lots of it is short driving trips. Its a bobbed A3 if that helps.

welldigger

I don't drive mine every day but there are a few members on here that drive the crap out of their a2's with minimal problems. I would imagine that cat motor is considerably more reliable than the multi fuel and the Allison transmission is pretty proven. I say drive it till the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and repeat.

Cruceno

I was driving mine (M35A2) regularly to work without any problems. I've heard that shorter trips cause the injectors to coke up faster, since the engine isn't running long enough/hot enough whatever to fully burn off the contaminants....but like I said, never had any issues.

Follow welldigger's advice: Drive till wheels fall off, rinse, repeat.

Ford Mechanic

I drive mine to work 3-5 days a week, 6 miles and 3 stop lights in the morning just do get to 55 twice. In the afternoon I take the highway route home, 8 miles 55 all the way. It does more warm up and cool down time per week than road driving most of the time. All empty. About once a month I do get to take it out for a 45 minute each way drive to Lowes, Tractor Supply, or a friends farm. I've got about 1500 miles on it like that since I bought it in September, and a total of 19k on the odo. It would have more on it but I keep tearing it apart to fix the next thing on the list and it taking 3 weeks to to finally get it all back together several times. Not that those things had broken but were already present when I bought it, like oil leaks, broken exaust manifold, leaking radiator, rear wheel seals......... The next thing is the speedometer drive adapter.

eagle4g63

Been driving mine everyday........in the 2 years I drove my first one I put close to 30,000 miles on it......about half of those were long hauls........one being tow-baring my new one home from Ohio. Can't wait to get the motor built in this new one........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks