• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who drives their deuce every day?

TurboTim

Just wondering who drives there deuce everyday. I have been driving mine since I rebuilt the motor in January. I have put over 2000 miles on it since then and have done lots of long road trips. Can I keep driving this thing every day or will it start to fall apart? How many miles have people put on theirs over time? I live maybe 10 miles from my work and I have a tilt trailer I tow stuff with so lots of it is short driving trips. Its a bobbed A3 if that helps.

welldigger

I don't drive mine every day but there are a few members on here that drive the crap out of their a2's with minimal problems. I would imagine that cat motor is considerably more reliable than the multi fuel and the Allison transmission is pretty proven. I say drive it till the wheels fall off. Then put them back on and repeat.

Cruceno

I was driving mine (M35A2) regularly to work without any problems. I've heard that shorter trips cause the injectors to coke up faster, since the engine isn't running long enough/hot enough whatever to fully burn off the contaminants....but like I said, never had any issues.

Follow welldigger's advice: Drive till wheels fall off, rinse, repeat.

Ford Mechanic

I drive mine to work 3-5 days a week, 6 miles and 3 stop lights in the morning just do get to 55 twice. In the afternoon I take the highway route home, 8 miles 55 all the way. It does more warm up and cool down time per week than road driving most of the time. All empty. About once a month I do get to take it out for a 45 minute each way drive to Lowes, Tractor Supply, or a friends farm. I've got about 1500 miles on it like that since I bought it in September, and a total of 19k on the odo. It would have more on it but I keep tearing it apart to fix the next thing on the list and it taking 3 weeks to to finally get it all back together several times. Not that those things had broken but were already present when I bought it, like oil leaks, broken exaust manifold, leaking radiator, rear wheel seals......... The next thing is the speedometer drive adapter.

eagle4g63

Been driving mine everyday........in the 2 years I drove my first one I put close to 30,000 miles on it......about half of those were long hauls........one being tow-baring my new one home from Ohio. Can't wait to get the motor built in this new one........