• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the oldest military Vehicle on SS

hippiedude

Offroad , I have no history on the truck..There some numbers and letters on the rear bumperets but they are real hard to see.......serial#M2111422......cotract #DA-20-018-ord-11943 ....date of delivery8/52....hood #41183962 .... Thats all I have now... Tim

snuffy

old vehicle

I have a model 1917 machine gun cart, but no mule to pull it. So it's not a daily driver! But if you've got the mule, I've got the cart, gun, and harness!

Snuffy

nopics

And while the 4 legged critter may be the oldest TYPE of military transport, I doubt it's really over 50 years old.

In the perceived spirit of the original post, I think it should include only vehicles that are operational. Several people can claim old vehicles if you count the rusty chassis in the field.

One of my oldest is a M14 twin 50 half track, but only in 1/35 scale by Monogram models (that I originally built in 1962.) And, no, I don't have pictures right now.

I do not base the value of my MV's on the "work" they do. My trucks are for my enjoyment and to further my love of history. If I want a truck for work there are some modern options that I want. Many on this site do use there trucks extensively, for work or play, but that does not make those truck better than others.

crubash

I've got a '41 WC (was a WC-16 radio/recon but was farmerverted to a flatbed) that I am rebuilding (not restoring...I don't have the money) and a '45 Willys pickup that was an Army Air Corps fire truck at one point in its life. It is in pieces at the farm waiting for my dad to start on it.

Attachments

jason@snakeriver

How about a 1/2 ton command car that rolled off the line December 11, 1941, 4 days after Pearl Harbor. Plus throw in a Major General, LaFrenze of the Idaho National Guard.

Origionally came from Fort Lewis 44th Infantry 200th Field Artillary under Brigider General Biderlinden.

Attachments

Our member and my friend Bunkerratte has a nice WWII CCKW - I think its a 42 - which is in the Westwall Museum near Pirmasens. I'm looking forward to restore it maybe one day together with him. On the picture you see it lurking behind a scout car, waiting for better times to come...

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

Last edited:
Patch, I wish it was that way, but this is a shot of the inside of the museum. It is part of a large but unfinished underground-fortification built by the Germans in WWII. It was part of the Westwall / Siegfried Line. Now it is a nice museum with a great collection of contemporary gear, ordnance, weapons and vehicles. See http://www.westwall-museum.de/ .

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks