• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who is going to Red Ball in Gilbert?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful what you ask for C, I have a bunch!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great meeting all of you as well! Always good to put names with faces. Saw nickd, emmado22, jatonka, and met for the first time M35-tom, m38inmaine, yankeedeuce, and dakotafear. Enjoyed the show, and the round trip (550 miles in a deuce) was, er, fun (except my butt is killing me!).

Cdub

Hey Guys,

I'm glad I got a chance to finally meet up with emmado22, doghead, jatonka, maddawg308, NickD.

We had some great times around the grill and later the camp fire, and yes many beers.

Much thanks to the Red Ball Club for all they had done for the MTA.

Cheers,

Craig

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TacticalTruck said:
Hey MadDawg
Was that you I saw on I66 about 1900 sunday?
Jeff
Yup - that was me! 55 mph and 2500 rpm from Gilbert, PA to Philly to DC to Strasburg, VA is NOT EASY in a deuce! But it got done...

Westbound and down, loaded up and truckin'...

Cdub

maddawg308 said:
TacticalTruck said:
Hey MadDawg
Was that you I saw on I66 about 1900 sunday?
Jeff
Yup - that was me! 55 mph and 2500 rpm from Gilbert, PA to Philly to DC to Strasburg, VA is NOT EASY in a deuce! But it got done...

Westbound and down, loaded up and truckin'...
Very glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.......!!

I trucked back with two other deuces after one split off over the Delaware Gap I followed the other just a few miles from my house. Art thank god lives very close to me. We had no issues what so ever. At time he would pull away on the curves with his turbo deuce but soon catch up to him on the hills.....Hehehehe......He is a god sent to me. Never a worrie when we convoy with tow bar in hand and pleanty of adapters for each other.

C'dub

Craig

No.2Diesel

Happy to see everyone had trouble free journeys to and from Gilbert.

Cdub: What is your highway speed and RPM in that thing?

Maddawg: I know what you mean. After awhile, your butt gets flat and cuts off circulation to your legs, especially your right one.

Cdub

No.2Diesel said:
Cdub: What is your highway speed and RPM in that thing?
After the in-frame overhaul was done the NHC 250 Cummins runs at:

2000 rpms @ 60-63 mph

1700 rpms @ 55 mph

power range seems to be around 1200-1900

I don't like to push her over 2000 rpm, she seems to running a little harder after that. I'm sure she would do more the 2000 rpms but I don't like to push it more then that. In a truck that size and at 23,000lb at those rpms your doing close to 63 mph or better. There is no need for me to go that fast. I like driving at around 55 mph. She is runing at a good rpm and she seems to like it.

Cheers,

Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks