• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who other than delks sells used parts for an mep 005?

Philratcliffe

Hi guyfang, I just bought another non running 005 and the seller is removing and shipping me all the electrical boxes, transformers, front panel gauges and switches, wiring harnesses, Injection pump, alt, starter, muffler for spares.
I also want to repair my exciter box so I have a spare one of these also.
Is it usually the voltage I that goes bad in the exciter box? I found a new in the box voltage regulator.
I would eventually like to purchase the test equipment needed to accurately diagnose any future problems but will buy them as I can over time on eBay.
I’m just trying to get my forth 005 running ASAP for back up to my other 005s as I’m switching over to the 005s today and putting my 002s out to pasture. One of my 005s will be dedicated to my rowpu. So I want a main and two spares to power my hotel. I also just bought a parallel cable for future use as my electrical demand grows.
Thanks so much for sharing your vast knowledge with me!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hi guyfang, I just bought another non running 005 and the seller is removing and shipping me all the electrical boxes, transformers, front panel gauges and switches, wiring harnesses, Injection pump, alt, starter, muffler for spares.
I also want to repair my exciter box so I have a spare one of these also.
Is it usually the voltage I that goes bad in the exciter box? I found a new in the box voltage regulator. (Did you check the part number against the part number in the TM? There are 400 hertz volt regulators for sale, that will NOT work with your set!!)
I would eventually like to purchase the test equipment needed to accurately diagnose any future problems but will buy them as I can over time on eBay.
I’m just trying to get my forth 005 running ASAP for back up to my other 005s as I’m switching over to the 005s today and putting my 002s out to pasture. One of my 005s will be dedicated to my rowpu. So I want a main and two spares to power my hotel. I also just bought a parallel cable for future use as my electrical demand grows. (Read the book on how to hook this up and run it.)
Thanks so much for sharing your vast knowledge with me!.

Philratcliffe

In the parts Tm number 76 is nsn 6110-00-363-3973 or 3974. How do I tell which is the 50/60 hz version. By the usable on code? Where is the key as to which code is which version of the generator? Thanks so much for pointing that out!!!!

Is there a separate Tm book for parallel operation or a section in the regular Tm? Thanks.

Philratcliffe

Hey thanks for the tip on the voltage regulator. The one I found was for the 400hz 005. Still looking for a spare. If I can’t find one I have a friend going to the states in Jan that can take my exciter box to the states to get repaired
What does UOC stand for. Thanks so much for all your help!

Guyfang

Staff member
UOC= Usable On Code. If you look at the cover of the TM, it covers 3 different gen sets. They are all very close to being the same, but still have deferances. So you need a way to tell what parts are different, for what model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks