• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won the M36A3 in Wisconsin!?!

thordehr

That thing looked beautiful and perfect in every way!!!
Seems like it went for a steal with 700 something hours and 7000 something miles. Even the tires looked new. Drove in too!
I'm already suffering from why didn't I bid-itis...

thordehr

I should have done it. I don't care if it would have taken $1000 worth of gas to bring it home. What an adventure that could have been.
Instead, I've joined the 7.3 powerstroke crowd. Boring.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M36A3 W/winch=RARE

Question,
I've read here that the A3 wheels are rated for 4,000lb each.
My M36A2 W/winch & 900-20's weighs in about 15,750 plus the 10,000 on road cargo = 25,750lb
The A3 has 6 tires that weigh about 250lb each
It must be heavier than the A2 version yet 6 x 4,000(wheels) = 24,000lb

I'm really curious what the data tags say.......................

Edit: Pics added as that link will die

Attachments

Last edited:

dozer1

I think its rare and cool, kudos to whomever won it. Too bad they didnt make these things go say 5-8-10 miles an hour faster then an A2 instead of slower then an A2. Would have given the A3 guys more arguing ammo. Has there ever been a thread comparing the A2 to the A3? LOL , JUST KIDDING :rolleyes:

jimmcld

It was won by a friend of mine. He plans to put an 18 ft. como box on the back and making it into a camper to drive on the upcoming Alaska convoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks