• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won the M36A3 in Wisconsin!?!

thordehr

That thing looked beautiful and perfect in every way!!!
Seems like it went for a steal with 700 something hours and 7000 something miles. Even the tires looked new. Drove in too!
I'm already suffering from why didn't I bid-itis...

thordehr

I should have done it. I don't care if it would have taken $1000 worth of gas to bring it home. What an adventure that could have been.
Instead, I've joined the 7.3 powerstroke crowd. Boring.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M36A3 W/winch=RARE

Question,
I've read here that the A3 wheels are rated for 4,000lb each.
My M36A2 W/winch & 900-20's weighs in about 15,750 plus the 10,000 on road cargo = 25,750lb
The A3 has 6 tires that weigh about 250lb each
It must be heavier than the A2 version yet 6 x 4,000(wheels) = 24,000lb

I'm really curious what the data tags say.......................

Edit: Pics added as that link will die

Attachments

Last edited:

dozer1

I think its rare and cool, kudos to whomever won it. Too bad they didnt make these things go say 5-8-10 miles an hour faster then an A2 instead of slower then an A2. Would have given the A3 guys more arguing ammo. Has there ever been a thread comparing the A2 to the A3? LOL , JUST KIDDING :rolleyes:

jimmcld

It was won by a friend of mine. He plans to put an 18 ft. como box on the back and making it into a camper to drive on the upcoming Alaska convoy.