• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won what on 12 NOV?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 817s are located at the National Guard yard a few miles from Hooks, If you run one over to the Hooks location they may piggyback them for you? If either one of you decide it is too much of a hassle let me know, I missed out on the sale due to sniping so I need one, and I have an 818 ready for a road trip, 242 miles one way for me!
James

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sound like you are the wise one and you are talking to a bunch of green hobbyists that just started out who try to cobble together pennies to afford that rusted out deuce. Trust me when I say I understand what you are saying about the GL auctions...and the DRMO auctions before them. I have been bidding since the 90s and other guys on this list were bidding before me. I can see from the price that he wanted it badly. The other guy bidding against him wanted it almost as much! I am sure he got a great truck and you are right about what you get for the price. However, there was a rebuilt M818 w/w in MI within the last year that brought $3,600...the wo/w M818 on the same sale brought $3,200. Heck, another rebuilt M818 wo/w just brought like $4,600 in TN recently. Your buddy also could have bought one from ANDYSDIESELPOWER for right around what he paid for this one. Admittedly, I don't think Andy has one with a winch, but I could be wrong on that. I believe Andy wanted $8,500 for his trucks.

I am not sure if I implied that I think $3000 is a lot for a 5 ton. What I was trying to imply was that I am not interested in overspending for ANY truck. If someone wants something more than me, they will get the truck. I set limits and stick to them. I either get a good deal, or I don't get a truck...plain and simple. I am not sure what you mean by getting into a hobby I can afford. I have trucks in my possession right now that total in value more than what you sold the entire year. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I am going to pay it. I am not trying to brag...I am only explaining this so you know it is not about an inability to afford to be playing with the big boys.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I there are only 200 left to be sold by GL. This hobby is only going to get bigger, and there are only so many trucks. Please don't take offense to what I said I am just trying to be informative! :p

Just want to clarify your comment. Are you claiming there are only 200 left at GL and then they are all gone? Can I ask your source besides a GL employee says? Do you have a computer print out of what is left "out there".

Remember, I'm CARNAC the all knowing.

dm22630

Just want to clarify your comment. Are you claiming there are only 200 left at GL and then they are all gone? Can I ask your source besides a GL employee says? Do you have a computer print out of what is left "out there".

Remember, I'm CARNAC the all knowing.

Any news on what the real number IS down to???

greenjeepster

You just reminded me that the ad stated it was a M101 but it was actually I think an M1102 chassis or if not that an M1101. Same chassis just different weight ratings.
Yes it is either the m1101 or m1102 so it has a GVW of around 3400 lb.

I wish whoever bought them would speak up and let us know exactly what is on her. I still have my money on Gen Set.

I scored an S-280 shelter, 50 5 gallon MWCs and just for the heck of it a M-68 duct heater. No one bid on the duct heater so I just threw a bid on it for fun. I lugged it home and it fired right up....

Still have to get the S-280 from Riley, luckily they are right down the road.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is either the m1101 or m1102 so it has a GVW of around 3400 lb.

I wish whoever bought them would speak up and let us know exactly what is on her. I still have my money on Gen Set.

I was thinking a good bet would be that it had been something to do with a radar installation.

m35_military_parts

You sound like you are the wise one and you are talking to a bunch of green hobbyists that just started out who try to cobble together pennies to afford that rusted out deuce. Trust me when I say I understand what you are saying about the GL auctions...and the DRMO auctions before them. I have been bidding since the 90s and other guys on this list were bidding before me. I can see from the price that he wanted it badly. The other guy bidding against him wanted it almost as much! I am sure he got a great truck and you are right about what you get for the price. However, there was a rebuilt M818 w/w in MI within the last year that brought $3,600...the wo/w M818 on the same sale brought $3,200. Heck, another rebuilt M818 wo/w just brought like $4,600 in TN recently. Your buddy also could have bought one from ANDYSDIESELPOWER for right around what he paid for this one. Admittedly, I don't think Andy has one with a winch, but I could be wrong on that. I believe Andy wanted $8,500 for his trucks.

I am not sure if I implied that I think $3000 is a lot for a 5 ton. What I was trying to imply was that I am not interested in overspending for ANY truck. If someone wants something more than me, they will get the truck. I set limits and stick to them. I either get a good deal, or I don't get a truck...plain and simple. I am not sure what you mean by getting into a hobby I can afford. I have trucks in my possession right now that total in value more than what you sold the entire year. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I am going to pay it. I am not trying to brag...I am only explaining this so you know it is not about an inability to afford to be playing with the big boys.
I was not trying to be offensive, You must have took it the wrong way. I am not comparing my self to you. I really don't care what you own, or your trucks are worth more that what I made this year, because you really don't know how much I made, or what I own. I was just implying that you were talking about over paying for trucks, That's your opinion do you drive the prices on trucks? The depot rebuild m818 in Michigan were 2 years ago, and I won 2 of them, I also won 3 in Missouri last July, So I do know the going rate for them. The total bill was $7,482 witch is not a lot for a rebuilt 5 ton with a winch. I am far from the wise one, but I do enjoy the hobby.:-D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not trying to be offensive, You must have took it the wrong way. I am not comparing my self to you. I really don't care what you own, or your trucks are worth more that what I made this year, because you really don't know how much I made, or what I own. I was just implying that you were talking about over paying for trucks, That's your opinion do you drive the prices on trucks? The depot rebuild m818 in Michigan were 2 years ago, and I won 2 of them, I also won 3 in Missouri last July, So I do know the going rate for them. The total bill was $7,482 witch is not a lot for a rebuilt 5 ton with a winch. I am far from the wise one, but I do enjoy the hobby.:-D
I realize you were not TRYING to be offensive. I don't believe I took offense to your post as much as I felt a need to respond because you quoted me and suggested that people (I took that to mean me) who did not agree with paying this price really had no clue (I believe you said that we did not understand and went on to point out how long you have been bidding...in other words that you have more experience than many of us)...AND...you did suggest that people who don't want to pay big money ought to think about another hobby. You are right, you have no idea what I own and I don't have any idea what you own or have owned (although you gave me a bit of insight with your comment about 15 deuces at $7,500 per truck)...and it sounds like we each could not really care.

FYI...unless your buddy is tax exempt in VA, he paid $6,800 plus the 10% bidder's fee ($680) plus 5% tax ($374) for a sum total of $7,854, NOT $7,482. Also, figure in his cost to retrieve the truck...either shipping or food and fuel (plus his time). I really could not care how much he ends up having in it as I don't have a dog in this fight. I was only commenting, as others have as well, that I could not believe how high the truck went given what others have gone for. I suppose you also followed the trucks in AL and MS that sold recently...all of which went for at or below $5K, including another winch truck. The winch truck in AL went off on 5/7/09 and sold for $3,600 plus the fees and tax.

I will state again that your buddy got a nice tractor and got it for less than retail. I am going to let this post go because we have two opinions and we are both entitled to them. Neither is wrong...neither is right. I wish your buddy luck with his truck.

reallybigboat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generators in Santa Fe, NM

Does anyone know what the generators sold for in Santa Fe, NM. I was watching the two 30kW MEP's and the last I looked, they were over $1,500 each. They both ran (with GL pictures of them running) and looked to be clean units.

Thanks!

m35_military_parts

I realize you were not TRYING to be offensive. I don't believe I took offense to your post as much as I felt a need to respond because you quoted me and suggested that people (I took that to mean me) who did not agree with paying this price really had no clue (I believe you said that we did not understand and went on to point out how long you have been bidding...in other words that you have more experience than many of us)...AND...you did suggest that people who don't want to pay big money ought to think about another hobby. You are right, you have no idea what I own and I don't have any idea what you own or have owned (although you gave me a bit of insight with your comment about 15 deuces at $7,500 per truck)...and it sounds like we each could not really care.

FYI...unless your buddy is tax exempt in VA, he paid $6,800 plus the 10% bidder's fee ($680) plus 5% tax ($374) for a sum total of $7,854, NOT $7,482. Also, figure in his cost to retrieve the truck...either shipping or food and fuel (plus his time). I really could not care how much he ends up having in it as I don't have a dog in this fight. I was only commenting, as others have as well, that I could not believe how high the truck went given what others have gone for. I suppose you also followed the trucks in AL and MS that sold recently...all of which went for at or below $5K, including another winch truck. The winch truck in AL went off on 5/7/09 and sold for $3,600 plus the fees and tax.

I will state again that your buddy got a nice tractor and got it for less than retail. I am going to let this post go because we have two opinions and we are both entitled to them. Neither is wrong...neither is right. I wish your buddy luck with his truck.
My friend is tax exempt in VA, and he gets free diesel from is work. The total bill was $7,482. I said the cheapest truck I sold was $7,500. I really enjoy this web site, and I have been on here for years, I had to make a new account I forgot my password to my old account. I have made a lot of friends through here. For example I talk to Ranchhopper daily. I indirectly know you through Kevin. He said you are a very nice person. I was only implying if you want something nice, and rebuilt we are going to have to pay more. There was a duce last week on GSA that sold for over $4000. I am just saying more people know about GL, and GSA so the prices are going up. We should not use the words overpaying any more. Sorry for hijacking this thread for everyone else. :p