• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are green or camo cargo covers so hard to find?

Mike O

The green vinyl cargo cover from Clark's arrived yesterday and I had it installed in about 15 min by myself. The cover is brand new with all straps and super-rope already installed. Date on it is 2009. Came in it's original sealed GMA box. It fits perfectly and looks great! Total cost was $400 + $45 shipping. Great deal IMO. Will try to post pics later tonight.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The green vinyl cargo cover from Clark's arrived yesterday and I had it installed in about 15 min by myself. The cover is brand new with all straps and super-rope already installed. Date on it is 2009. Came in it's original sealed GMA box. It fits perfectly and looks great! Total cost was $400 + $45 shipping. Great deal IMO. Will try to post pics later tonight.
Is it the style with separate end flaps or the modern, 1 piece cover with the end flaps made as part of the cover?

Because that MS # comes back as this:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/17412-m105a2-trailer-tarp-installation.html

Last edited:

Mike O

Yes, it's solid green. Clinto, I don't know the particulars about the MS# but the cover fits my truck perfectly. Definitely not for an M105 trailer. It is the newer vinyl one piece style and does not have separate end sections.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I look forward to seeing the pics-when we called them to verify, the sales person walked in the back, looked at it, told me it was the older 3 piece style, causing us to cancel the sale.

They shipped it anyway after I told them to cancel the sale, they picked it up via call tag this morning. I never opened it. Had it truly been one piece I would have kept it.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clark truck must be staffed by people who ate too much lead as children.

What *&#*!( idiots.

Mike O

I think you're right. I called and asked, "are these military surplus?" Answer, "no". I ask, "are they new?" Answer, "yes." I ask, "who is the maker?" Answer, "don't know." I ask, "do they come with super rope rubber tie downs?" Answer, "yes." So basically, I took my chances and ordered one and hoped for the best. Luckily, everything was correct but the people answering phones don't have much info to offer.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clark truck must be staffed by people who ate too much lead as children.

What *&#*!( idiots.
Very nice and polite people on the phone.

And I couldn't agree with you more.:-?

Order. And you get what you get. Then sometimes you have to send it back.

shenkmen

I think you're right. I called and asked, "are these military surplus?" Answer, "no". I ask, "are they new?" Answer, "yes." I ask, "who is the maker?" Answer, "don't know." I ask, "do they come with super rope rubber tie downs?" Answer, "yes." So basically, I took my chances and ordered one and hoped for the best. Luckily, everything was correct but the people answering phones don't have much info to offer.
I stopped ordering from Clark Trucks (err... Clark Tricks?) because 6 out of 6 orders were screwed up. I even got a manager involved who was very polite and seemed helpful. Nope, screwed up again. I now get a 10% discount which I refuse to use.

Good luck.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cargo cover wanted

Looking for a como 3 color cargo cover for a M36A2 (long wheel base) truck.
Also, need bows.

Please let me know who might have them if you don't.

Thanks,
Orren Winjum

I have one very nice 3-color cargo cover for sale. If anyones interested, PM me

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only M36 cargo covers I've seen are the three piece ones in solid vinyl green. Remember, there were not anywhere as many of them as the regular length bed, so many fewer covers were produced in the first place, and the three piece ones filled up the supply system. Good luck!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen two of the 3 color camo long covers for sale on here in the last three months that were brand new. I have been watching ~very carefully as I am looking for a brand new standard length cover for a deuce.

Read back through the older classifieds, and check flea bay. They are out there.