• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

why bob

HanksDeuce

Be glad I couldn't get my hands on a HET because I would have bobbed me one of those too!

Why do people insist on griping about modified deuces in the "Deuce Modification and Hot-Rodding" forum? That's like wiping your butt before you take a dump. Pointless.

Section8

Hank, your bobber with the 6bt is the coolest and is what has made me want to do it to my M135. Got the motor sitting in chains in the engine bay but stopped there due to money and lack of confidence in my fab skills. Want to us my future BOBBER as my service rig which will get a fair amount of use.
Want it to be safe.

nchittendon

Ok this is one thing that extremely irritates me. It's my truck, my money, and my time. Keep your opinion to yourself (which alot of you have done). If you don't like it keep walking or eye roll and scroll. I personally hate when people say "oh you neutered your deuce" and "you ruined a perfectly good truck". I used a m105 for my springs and only that. I've gone over my truck front to back top to bottom and that's more then most have done to their trucks.

Both have good and bad points. For me I wanted a bobber since I saw one. There isn't another out there like mine either. Some may be close but no where near the same. I love Steve's truck and next year I'll be fully locked as well. I'd put my truck up against a bobber any day in mud or rocks and I do believe it will do just as well.

Personally I think a regular 6x6 is boring. Add some custom flare to it make it yours and most importantly DO NOT KNOCK OTHER PEOPLE'S TRUCKS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BLOOD SWEAT TEARS AND TIME THEY HAVE PUT INTO IT! I take it as a punch to the face! So show some respect!

pffft..............don't lie, your wife did all the work. :cookoo:

Hainebd

My deuce has rust. Like all deuces. I have been told to drive it, patch it but do not try to repair. Now I got lucky buying Brute for $1,500. Previous owners had seriously neglected him. Stuck him. Left him. How do I know 3 tires flat, full of sand. Brakes, wheel bearings, front axle full too. A few lights worked. Very low on coolant. I spent first 6 months fixing this stuff. Now manual says pull wheels and check grease every time you cross deep water. If you pull all six wheels once, you will not want to stick a M35A2. If you plan on doing so, get a trailer to put the truck on after, loosening a front wheel while driving is no fun, yes this happened. Last front wheel to be serviced was done roadside. Fun, fun , fun. So now all 11 11.00s are proper, lights work, bearings and seals 100% I put 395s on him. Why, I do not want to get stuck. Yes I have a PTO winch on him. Straps and chains all rated at 44,000 lbs or better, but I do not want to use. Now I know someone in the Military speced this truck has never driven in the pines of NJ. The trails and roads are too tight and curve too much. No power steering so 1/2 mile in and you go straight cause your arms give out. I know I have a bad shoulder but my bud who can press 400#s can stay on tail for a mile. Now I can throw power steering And or bob to make more manoverable but it is still a 14,000 pound truck that was never intended for any of this. So I will keep him as he is, a 14,000 pound 6X6 and put straw in the bed, load up the kids taking them on a haunted hay ride on my 12 foot wide trails we have made on our 36 acres here in south jersey. Yes 12 foot wide and still lock to lock turns going as slow as you can. 6X6 is needed in a few spots in the swamp. I will say this that 395 are the perfect tire for this truck. Now if it had PS, EW, PL, Cruse. Radio. O wait my 2014 ram 3500 has that and can do everthing Brute can getting 30 mpg!

oddshot

I GOT IT!!!

This subject has been a bone of contention since the first guy cut the last four feet offen a deuce and a half.

WE'LL JUST PULL A BAG OVER IT.

Here's the latest bobbed deuce car-cover and urban camo:

http://cheaperthanashrink.net/vw-camper-play-tent

... all we gotta do is get them to make it a *little* bigger and maybe add some Woodstock 69, Grateful Dead and flower power stickers.

ANGRET

Ok this is one thing that extremely irritates me. It's my truck, my money, and my time. Keep your opinion to yourself (which alot of you have done). If you don't like it keep walking or eye roll and scroll. I personally hate when people say "oh you neutered your deuce" and "you ruined a perfectly good truck". I used a m105 for my springs and only that. I've gone over my truck front to back top to bottom and that's more then most have done to their trucks.

Both have good and bad points. For me I wanted a bobber since I saw one. There isn't another out there like mine either. Some may be close but no where near the same. I love Steve's truck and next year I'll be fully locked as well. I'd put my truck up against a bobber any day in mud or rocks and I do believe it will do just as well.

Personally I think a regular 6x6 is boring. Add some custom flare to it make it yours and most importantly DO NOT KNOCK OTHER PEOPLE'S TRUCKS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BLOOD SWEAT TEARS AND TIME THEY HAVE PUT INTO IT! I take it as a punch to the face! So show some respect!
Looks good, what size tire are you running?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks