• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is a Deuce and 1/2 called this ?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes,
Now do you understand...Sorry but that was very rude of you to call me out like that., Now do you understand ? ?????
We do our best to have fun here. Hopefully you didn't take @NDT 's really funny picture as a personal insult. It wasn't his intent for sure... That really is why a Deuce and a Half is called what it is. That's the "guaranteed by the manufacturer" weight carrying capacity of the truck in the field. Like the picture, flying over a hill...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes,
Now do you understand...Sorry but that was very rude of you to call me out like that., Now do you understand ? ?????
Around this place we like to have fun and mess with any and everybody on a daily basis so we dont get to serious and become a bunch of old sourpuses ! So walk it off and lighten up or you will never enjoy yourself here !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Officially, the deuce-and-a-half must be able to carry 5,000 pounds cross country and up a slope of a specified angle and height, and twice that weight on paved roads. 5,000 pounds is 2.5 short tons. WWII trucks got the name first and it's stuck around through the M35 series.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes,
I don't think there was any real intent to be rude on NDT's part. As asserted above several times, lots of people here in the forum like to poke a little fun. And I think that's all it was. Had I posted the same question, and got the same answer from NDT, (who I don't know, and have not passed more then two words with) I would not have been offended. I would have found it a bit funny. Life is too short to take everything serious.

acudanut

I don't think there was any real intent to be rude on NDT's part. As asserted above several times, lots of people here in the forum like to poke a little fun. And I think that's all it was. Had I posted the same question, and got the same answer from NDT, (who I don't know, and have not passed more then two words with) I would not have been offended. I would have found it a bit funny. Life is too short to take everything serious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks