• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is my M1123 black?

123mack

The white ones I have seen were from volunteer fire departments who had them on govt loan. They all had evidence of being modded by "bubba".

diesel583

When I worked for forestry we got 2 from Washington DC that were flat black. Don't know what agency had them, they came straight from GSA

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of these trucks are going to an outside firm for paint and cleanup...Blackdog customs has done a lot of them.
call Michael Vaden and ask him....

Lowmaks

Wow! 13 of the 19 posts are from the OP. Seriously, though, how would we know who painted your truck? Look for an autograph in the lower corner.
Excuse me for trying to be being clear, informative, and involved in my own question.

Last edited:

MaverickH1

I think yours went through Demil just like mine, but they left mine as is after Demil completely stripped, while they went the extra mile and spiced yours up hoping to gain extra money from the resale. The ones I saw, it looked they did a paint job and still didn't bother cleaning anything up on the inside.

I doubt it was like that before the sale to GovPlanet. But that's purely a hunch. If you do have the Plan B doors and top and rear wall, I'd say it's a certainty.

Check out the YouTube video on these M1123s in my Build Thread. It was cool to see how they were likely outfitted.

Lowmaks

I think yours went through Demil just like mine, but they left mine as is after Demil completely stripped, while they went the extra mile and spiced yours up hoping to gain extra money from the resale. The ones I saw, it looked they did a paint job and still didn't bother cleaning anything up on the inside.

I doubt it was like that before the sale to GovPlanet. But that's purely a hunch. If you do have the Plan B doors and top and rear wall, I'd say it's a certainty.

Check out the YouTube video on these M1123s in my Build Thread. It was cool to see how they were likely outfitted.
I've been trying to watch that video. I've seen a lot of it. Pretty interesting so far, but I'm only about halfway thru, and I don't get phone signal at work and the computers are too slow to stream a video. Thanks for linking it, though!

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they were refitted by either Black Dog, as RWH said earlier or by Midwest, who were doing some as well. I know Mike at Big Dog only uses CARC when he paints them. Not sure about MW.

desmodromic

Just to confirm, as stated above, it was tarted up by Black Dog Customs out of GA. How has your M1123 treated you the last few months? I just "won" one at auction and am looking forward to putting it through the paces.

Lowmaks

Just to confirm, as stated above, it was tarted up by Black Dog Customs out of GA. How has your M1123 treated you the last few months? I just "won" one at auction and am looking forward to putting it through the paces.
So far, she's been amazing! Draws crowds everywhere I go lol. My feet get wet if I'm doing freeway speeds and it's pouring outside though hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks